Vogue Germany January 2014: Joan Smalls by Luigi and Daniele + Iango

Not really seeing how they could have lightened her skin. I think it just stands out because the background is darker and the lighting. As a woman of color, it make me proud to see her on the cover of Vogue Germany! Let's get back to models on covers!

She looks absolutely stunning!

She looks so beautiful!!!!Amazing cover, the best look on Joan! Also I'm in love with the dress.

At first, I thought her skin was too lightened but I think it's because the cover is quite dark in general so it makes sense that her skin would stand out. Joan looks beautiful and I'm excited to see her in Prada S/S 2014!

Not really seeing how they could have lightened her skin. I think it just stands out because the background is darker and the lighting. As a woman of color, it make me proud to see her on the cover of Vogue Germany! Let's get back to models on covers!

She looks absolutely stunning!
Maybe we used the wrong word its not alot about lighting ger skin but they gave her that bizarre yellowish shade which makes her look like a totally different person which sucks considering how nice the image is.
Le-21eme-Arrondissement-Joan-Smalls-Mercedes-Benz-New-York-Fashion-Week-New-York-City-Street-Style-Fashion-Blog-1.jpg
vogue-cover-01-2014_v620xx.jpg

.theempressofdress.com

blog.seattlepi.com​

^ thanks for posting these two pictures together. The cover is nice but I don't like how they've altered her face at all.

Can Daniele + Iango's work for Vogue Germany be more predictable and stereotypical? I don't think so.

Breathtaking cover. So glad for Joan. She's getting tons of covers lately.

Stunning, amazing, breathtaking! I don't mind seeing Joan on every cover in 2014, she's on fire and I'm loving it!

preview

Photographer: Luigi & Daniele + Iango
Model: Joan Smalls
Styling: Christiane Arp
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Make-Up: Kabuki

vogue.de

Joan is gorgeous in the last shot but....
come on,:angry: this is so overdone & was way better executed with Bianca Balti by Sgura in VJapan March 2012
it's impressive, how Arp is stuck to these ethno themes even tho she fails them everytime:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Joan looks simply amazing and I've never seen her look edgier! It's such a beautiful story and the photography is stunning. I love the romantic take on bull fighting and the styling is just right. My favorite is the one with the bright pink skirt!

:smile:

Photographer: Sebastian Kim
Model: Drake Burnette
Styling: Katie Mossman
Hair: Teddy Charles
Make Up: Maud Laeceppe
Nails: Casey Herman

via bedownloads.org

Photographer: Claudia Knoepfel & Stefan Indlekofer
Model: Elisabeth Erm
Styling: Nicola Knels
Hair: Rita Marmor