Vogue Germany January 2018 : Gigi Hadid by Patrick Demarchelier

How is this an improvement for Gigi? Because hair got blown in her face and she didn't blink? She looks like a windblown guppie and this whole cover just screams "budget"

My point exactly: hair blowing and people are fainting :lol: the face does not sell it and the pose is average. I like Gigi so I like to see her rocking covers but this one is not `hot´ or an improvement to her modeling skills y´all. NEXT!

The Versace is selling it. Gigi may as well be a living blow up doll because she isn't giving anything! The clothes shouldn't outshine the subject, but they did in this instance.

VERY GIANNI
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Sarajane Hoare
Hair: Teddy Charles
Make-Up: Brigitte Reiss-Andersen
Model: Gigi Hadid

Vogue Germany Digital Edition

PAINT IT BLACK
Photographer: Emma Summerton
Stylist: Natasha Royt
Hair: Yannick D’Is
Make-Up: Mathias van Hooff
Model: ?

HAUT-NAH
Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Patrick Mackie
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Make-Up: Yumi Lee
Models: ?

MEISTER-WERKE
Photographer: Ben Hassett
Stylist: Stella
Hair: Franco Gobbi
Make-Up: Tom Pecheux
Model: Jessie Bloemendaal

Ansley Gulielmi in Paint it Black. Lily Nova, Anna Cleveland, Jessie B.(?), can't ID the others in Haute-Nah.

the main editorial is just awful... she poses like an amateur model... sadly... these clothes have so much life and colour yet she manages to come across completely lifeless...

the main editorial is just awful... she poses like an amateur model... sadly... these clothes have so much life and colour yet she manages to come across completely lifeless...

I have to agree, and I like her as a model but GOSH this is bloody awful!!! The poses and the whole story sucks! Nothing SUPERMODELESQUE about that: just hair in her face and open mouth; definitely NOT what Gianni Versace was about. It´s a big fail !!!

And furthermore, if they wanted to pay respect and hommage to Versace and Gianni wouldn´t it have made more sense to have a former supermodel from that era on the cover instead????? like lol I mean... :rolleyes:

I have to agree, and I like her as a model but GOSH this is bloody awful!!! The poses and the whole story sucks! Nothing SUPERMODELESQUE about that: just hair in her face and open mouth; definitely NOT what Gianni Versace was about. It´s a big fail !!!

And furthermore, if they wanted to pay respect and hommage to Versace and Gianni wouldn´t it have made more sense to have a former supermodel from that era on the cover instead????? like lol I mean... :rolleyes:

I know. I mean it would be okay with a different model. Having said that everyone keeps banging about how much they missed the supers and how touching the whole tribute was. That was really a golden opportunity to honour one or several of them.

Her poses are pretty good and varied. Her body looks amazing especially her legs. However her face with her mouth open brings the entire editorial to an average level.

I'm a fan but I do think everything could've looked a whole lot better with Demarchelier's cover story. I don't know... just looks a little over-processed for what I'm used to with Demarchelier, I dislike the lack of depth with the backdrop and what the absolute HECK is going on with the Photoshop on Gigi's foot in the shot where she's on the studio floor?

How jaw-dropping is that shot of Karolin Wolter in the fur from Luigi & Iango's editorial? She could've carried the story alone.

Looking at the cover, all I can think about is: when will she fix her lower teeth?

UK Vogue December 1990 Christy Turlington by Patrick Demarchelier

pg.gs

Who did best? :Pink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course Christy, but we should give Gigi props for trying. She took what would've been yet another dull Demarchelier studio shoot and turned it into something lively and vaguely interesting. Issue seems fine for a January one, but very Vogue Germany - read: stoic.

Yeah Christy is just utter perfection in that shot. Wow.

Everything about it, actually. Her pose is so perfect - the way her left shoulder is arched and the line she creates through her torso. It's supremely elegant. Obviously her face is magnificent, just impossibly beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->