Vogue Hong Kong February 2021 : Akon, Estelle, Lexi, Luna & Taylor by Luigi & Iango

The cover images are nice but I don’t get why the red masthead. It kinda ruins those images with the bold red

Estelle and Taylor for the win, and Luna's cover is the worst imo.
This is certainly better than their usual covers, at least. But the concept is better left to Vogue Japan. It just seems so watered down.

The individual covers are better than the group one but something still feels rather underwhelming. Btw, when I read the title of the thread at TFS forum homepage, I thought Akon and Estelle referred to the singers instead of models. The choices of the cover subjects couldn’t be more random if that was the case. :lol:

Well it's definitely an improvement from that last month atrocious. Luna cover screams "I'm not like the other girls".

The group cover is kinda bad and boring but the solo covers are cute. I especially liked Akon and Estelle here.

Not even L&I can save this god-awful magazine.

The font selection and shameless drop shadowing is reprehensible and abhorrent.

It’s sad that VHK will not be part of the global editors gimmick of CN. If it were, this EIC would not have survived a second.

Very unfortunate for Vogue HK. Covers aren't horrible, but everyone and their dog associate L&I with Vogue Japan now, and their style is not versatile enough to produce covers for another edition and not remind us of Vogue Japan. Let them stay there, it is a great match that should be kept untouched.

Love the single shots even the red works with the cover shots. I don't mind the group either

I'll take it, this is levels above what they have put out previously in a very long time. I feel like its flaws would be nitpicks at this point. Definitely a must buy for me, might be a bit biased though since I am a big fan of Taylor, Luna, and Lexi.

Akon and Luna for the win, closely followed by Lexi in my opinion. The group cover would've been much better if they zoomed in the models. The screaming shade of red they used for each cover is just dreadful, this magazine has no sense of direction or taste and I wonder why they launched it in the first place. Apart from occasional Luigi & Iango cover story, it's really one of the most unnecessary editions out there! I hope we get to see the full cover story for this, it looks promising.

Akon is clearly the star here , also like Luna they are serving here ! Odd choice of photographers when you know thad Luigi & Iango are very Vogue Japan lets wait for the ed to be released

Did they shot in Italy ?

my favourite one is the group shot which I guess will be the only printed one.
it’s somehow a random group of girls but they all look good together so I guess that’s an achievement.

on the group cover I like the contrast of the white outfits and the bold dark make up even if it could’ve been toned down a wee bit.

also, it does scream Vogue Japan...

I wonder why can’t any editor or photographer come up with the idea of a group cover with the best models nowadays let’s say since the last 5 years. that’s something Vogue Japan could do! (J know I’m in a Vogue HK thread)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->