Vogue India October 2007 ( Premier Issue ) by Patrick Demarchelier

melbguy

Reaction score
from guardian.co.uk

Vogue India is edited by Priya Tanna and its first cover features the "most adored faces in India and internationally" - Bollywood stars Bipasha Basu, Priyanka Chopra and Preity Zinta, local supermodels MoniKangana Dutta and Laxmi Menon, and Australian supermodel Gemma Ward.

rest of article
http://media.guardian.co.uk/presspublishing/story/0,,2172644,00.html

Attachments

• Vogueindia384.jpg
    Vogueindia384.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by a moderator:
"The magazine aims for a target readership of 250,000 with an edition that promises to be more colourful than the 16 other editions of Vogue published everywhere from the USA to Taiwan."

Excellent - I hope it stays true to its promise of being so lively. The cover text is a bit sparse, but maybe that's just an initial mock-up of the real thing - or maybe I've just been brainwashed by US Elle and its cover essays of 100 words or more. The image itself... to me, I see Gemma joined by two women, sending the message that India has now joined the world of Vogue. However, in future, I hope we'll see some sensational covers with the country's own talent.

the cover looks like a cosmetics ad for Estee Lauder :innocent:

This is so great, Gemma! I just wondering how much west and how much India they gonna put it. Well, soon we see.
"Vogue India has been completely created for the Indian woman. We have very carefully syndicated some material. It is a mix but it is primarily Indian content," he added.
"It being a Vogue, it will find its way to the other parts of the world and draw attention to Indian designers, Indian photographers and even Indian models. "There are more than a million Vogue women in India, each with high awareness of international luxury, fashion and beauty brands."

what ever this means.. :P

They were photographed by Patrick Demarchelier and styled by British Vogue fashion director Lucinda Chambers.
guardian.co.uk

I'm hoping they will lose the British influence and go in their own direction. Maybe its just for the first issue...

I hope Vogue India is not gonna go Bollywood on us each month. Yuck.
and its the October issue. No wonder i didnt find Vogue in the market as of last week.

this cover looks a lot like the first issue of vogue china : local model + Gemma Ward

the cover looks like a cosmetics ad for Estee Lauder :innocent:
Haha it does, but I really like that there are two Indian models. :flower: Plus all three girls look gorgeous as boring as the cover is.

And it's in English! Maybe I can pick it up somewhere! :shifty:

it looks very cheap honestly...
it's like a Gemey ad campain...
but I wonder why gemma is always supporting the new vogue in Asia???

i'm expecting more from the cover. premiere issue of chinese Vogue is better than this cover. and they used the same photog Patrick D. and the cover is so full of photoshop. but at least Vogue's coming to the third world country.:P

Oh wow, those two ladies are photoshopped so much to look like gemma, the round face and big mouth baby doll thing. I wish they would have used Aishwarya Rai on the cover, she's so Beautiful. Gemma looks gorgeous none the less, all in all the cover is fairly decent but I wanted more for the premier issue. I mean why not use Ujjwala Raut, she's the one model whose made it big at home and abroad. Aishwarya isn't really a model anymore but she has the whole L'Oreal thing so I thought she would have been an obvious choice, having said that in the end she'll probably have the most covers in the end if Indian Vogue is going to go down the US Vogue Celebrity obsessed route (which it no doubt will).

Holy over airbrush.
:blink:
Can't wait to see the contents.

Very similar idea to first cover of Chinese Vogue, especially because of Gemma.
Not terrible; not brilliant. But I agree that there is way too much airbrushing.

I don't like it at all, it seems fake

who is the stylist of the cover:doh: and the photographer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->