Vogue India November 2007 : Deepika Padukone by Paolo Roversi

Please scan Maidens in Manhattan, The Collections and The Next Big Thing! Advance thanks! Karma will be on your way!

haha I was going to say the same ones

Patiently awaiting the scans^_^

So, here's Maidens in Manhattan
credits on preceding page
my scans
(sorry the quality isn't all that great - left my cord for my good scanner at work: )

i'll do the rest tomorrow. it just takes time to scan and i've been sick..so enjoy these for now!

wow, Ujjwala long time no see lol, she looks great

Padma looks the best though, stunning beauty.

Rekha Luther looks good too

Thank you Schneider_Meli

it's my pleasure
sorry i can't do the rest til tomorrow. ...gotta keep you guys in suspense right? :wink:

Maidens in Manhattan is very dreamy like! I've just karma-ed you!

Very simple. Nothing amazing, but I still enjoy it. The setting is beautiful.

looks like a british vogue cover from 10 years ago.
The whole thing looks like a British Vogue from 10 years ago.
I am frankly confused as to what they are trying to achieve here. English texts? British Vogue stylist? Jennifer Lopez?!? Even the aesthetics of the maiden shoot is distinctively British.
Not to get political but I though the point was to create a India fashion magazine with Indian aesthetics and sensibility, not creating a permanent homage to the Anglo-Saxon former conquerors. I don't expect them to go into all 'traditional' on us but surely there is a brilliant India photographer/stylist somewhere who has something new to say about fashion. The cover is nice enough, but it's not unlike anything we have seen ten thousand times before. If this is really all India has to offer the I really think this new Vogue was utterly unnecessary. :ninja:

I am frankly confused as to what they are trying to achieve here. English texts? British Vogue stylist? Jennifer Lopez?!? Even the aesthetics of the maiden shoot is distinctively British.
Not to get political but I though the point was to create a India fashion magazine with Indian aesthetics and sensibility, not creating a permanent homage to the Anglo-Saxon former conquerors. I don't expect them to go into all 'traditional' on us but surely there is a brilliant India photographer/stylist somewhere who has something new to say about fashion. The cover is nice enough, but it's not unlike anything we have seen ten thousand times before. If this is really all India has to offer the I really think this new Vogue was utterly unnecessary. :ninja:

I agree with you on a whole..but...the over all mag is based towards taking the current runway fashions and adapting them to the Indian culture. I actually like a lot of what they are saying and showing in this magazine..it's a whole new edge on vogue. but.. you are quite right about your political view of this venture.

The Maid in Manhatten ed is lovely:D, all the girls are soo beautiful and great dresses and setting, thanks for the scans!:flower:

I like the cover, and I'm glad that it is the lovely Deepika Padukone. I wish they had used a local photographer...

Condé Nast has a great opportunity to explore the rich cultures that India has to offer, and I hope that they stay local as much as possible. I also hope that they publish Vogue India in a few of the major languages to expand the readership. There is a shift in the film industry in India, with more realism and expressionism instead of nothing but Bollywood. To succeed, Vogue India must listen closely to the local pulse! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue India November 2007 - 316 pages

Very Vogue
A one page feature on Zari

Vogue Shops
1 page on "In the Pink"

Regal Allure
Sasha+Paolo - 1 page

Trend Report - Grey Matter

Trend Reprot - Block Party

Trend Report - Keep or Delete?

Trend Report - Patently Sexy

Trend Report - Graphic Illusion

How to wear - Comfy Chic

Trend Report - Resort Chic

Vogue Spotting - Little Miss sunshine (Celebrities dressed in yellow)

Jewellery - Off the cuff

Accessories - Back to Front (feature on Platform heels)

Singleminded - Clutches

Watches - Starry Nights

My Man in Vogue - The new groom

Beauty - Heavy Metal

In Vogue
Film - women of substance (3 pages)
Angie + Marianna Pearl, by Cindi Lieve

Society - The Globalist, by Rebecca Greenfield (2pages)
(feature on Shashi Tharror)

Photography - Picture Perfect(2 pages)
Robin Muir discovers what makes Arthur Elgort one of the most iconic photogs

Design - The new guard (2 pages)
Daphne Ghesquire profiles four vibrant young talents who are redefining the field of contemporary indian design

Vogue View

Made in india - A tale of two cities (2 pages)
One page each on Ashish Soni in NY FW, and Manish arora at paris FW

Viewpoint - A case of exposure (2 pages)
Camille Paglia sounds off on Britney Spears

Unfront - It takes a village (2 pages)
Kavita Daswani trades custom fittings for a communal bed in an effort to raise her kids the 'old, indian way'

Vogue Spy - 1 page

Bollyvogue - Superfly Guys (2 pgs)
the fashion of seventies bollywood returns in Farah Khan's 'Om Shanti Om', by Udita Jhunjhunwala

The great debate (1 page)
skinny vs wide leg

Nostalgia - (1 page)
Wanda Ferragamo remembers her husband, and his love affair with india

Vogue Guru - 2 pages
Dolce and Gabanna feature, by Fiona McKenzie Johnston

Style - 3 pages
Christening the IT bag, by Ramya Giangola

Style - 1 Page
Claudia Schiffer by Bandana Tewari

Style - 2 pages
Karma Chameleons, by Bandana Tewari

View - 1 page
style council

Style- 3 pages
Trading Places
Big name labels finding their perfect match in a new gaurd of star designers, by Harriet Quick

Voguette - 1 page
Indrani Dasgupta shares a few of her favorite things

RSVP - by Bandana Tewari - 5 pages

for anybody wanting to get hold of a copy of this it's being sold on ebay for the very reasonable price of about £7 includeing shipping (to the uk) they have one copy of this issue and quite a few of the first issue. by the looks of things somebody is trying to make a little buisness out of this so hopefully they'll have as many copys as are needed!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOGUE-INDIA-N...ryZ92404QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

I like the cover, she looks amazing! That should have been the premiere issue cover. I love the lighting and Deepika looks so peaceful, and beautiful.

i agree with you on this. Though i think Vogue India will need some time to really find herself. Rite now, its piggybacking on the UK edition, imported photographers, makeup artists, and models.
There's a lovely fashion editorial featuring Sheetal Mallar wearing indian bridal outfits. Though i HATE Indian bridal outfits with their ten tons of embellishments, i'll still prefer that edit over that silly Arthur Elgort feature on Manhattan maids. Might as well have reprinted some of the earlier British Vogue edits if thats what they were trying to achieve. Indian Elle has gotten much better now that its in its 11th year here. Same here. Patience, grasshopper.:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->