Vogue Italia January 2020 : The ‘No Photoshoot’ Issue

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 of 7 with Lili Sumner by artist David Salle:

Ugh, God here we go, kicking off the new decade with more pretentious claptrap. JUST GIVE US FASHION, PLEASE! This is not an art magazine.

Seriously, after Blanda Bailey, Farneti is the next one who must go!

Well at least it’s an interesting interpretation of the Vogue Values theme. Better than a pregnant woman.
But I wouldn’t be surprised if an illustration of pregnant women pops up as one of the 7(!?!) covers.

Last edited:
What I can’t stand about Farneti’s Vogue Italia is that he and his team turn ideas that could be interesting into something pretentious in order to be woke and the process makes the result ugly and unpleasant.

I told you. Farneti will produce the worst Vogue values issue. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ATROCIOUS.

They could have at least replicated the glamorous and iconic Cate Blanchett x Vogue Australia anniversary issue. That was a portrait done right, but what do you expect rom someone who doesn't have taste?

'....our January issue, have been drawn by artists who have created without travelling, shipping entire wardrobes of clothes or polluting in any way.'

This is taking the Vogue Values theme to the extreme and he's treading on dangerous territory here. What happens next month when he will have to 'travel, ship entire wardrobes and pollute'? Filling your magazine with paintings instead of images is not a sustainable idea, and I thought the main reason behind peddling new ideas is that you have to show how easy it is for everyone else to adopt.

We may as well shut this section of the forum down. Hypothetically speaking.

'....our January issue, have been drawn by artists who have created without travelling, shipping entire wardrobes of clothes or polluting in any way.'

This is taking the Vogue Values theme to the extreme and he's treading on dangerous territory here. What happens next month when he will have to 'travel, ship entire wardrobes and pollute'? Filling your magazine with paintings instead of images is not a sustainable idea, and I thought the main reason behind peddling new ideas is that you have to show how easy it is for everyone else to adopt.

We may as well shut this section of the forum down. Hypothetically speaking.
I had the same thought while reading the caption. It's ridiculous, does he think one issue of Vogue Italia like this will save the world? The only way to change things is taking sustainable decisions that can be constant and that have a long term impact. Not one month in which they decide that taking care of the environment is fashionable so they use it as a way to make their covers special.

They don't want a photographer because they want to create paintings for a cover. Fine. But make it good looking and don't turn it into a revolutionary act that will save the planet when fashion is one the most polluting industries out there and you literally produce a magazine which needs paper and trees to be sold lol.

Happy for Lily (finally her first VI cover), but damn, the art direction. 7 covers??? Wtf... Even american Vogue won't make 7 (damn again) covers for their Vogue Values thing. I'm curious about L'Uomo. It will come out in these days too. I guess it's multicovers as VI. Why so many covers for both magazines.

Cover #2 by Vanessa Beecroft

This second cover is what nightmares look like to me, scary. I'm not blaming the artist of course.. Art can be beautiful but also not and provoking, but Vogue has to be appealing.. I mean you see art in museums and galleries and Vogue in newsstands, there's a reason behind this distinction :D

Edit: also why asterisk?

Cover #3 Assa Baradji by Delphine Desane

I rightfully dreaded viewing this thread. I am offended, disgusted, sick, whatever. Even shocked a little? This is a new low for them or for anyone really. This level of desperation and ugliness should be scientifically studied because it's unlike anything we've seen before. My god! Wow. You gotta give it to them, they're so incredibly blind or stupid or really just plain trolling us all. I've no words... wow
Not one, but seven disgusting disasters. And they're so proud to announce that there are no photoshoots inside this issue. I can't even wrap my head around this outrageous disgrace! Didn't they publish some lame apology for Gigi's Steven Klein tan like two years ago? I expect an apology for this! I expect a compensation for emotional distress and f*cking flowers on my doorstep with a note of Farneti's resignation documents oh my god I need to stop looking back at this what the actual f*ck LOL
And look at all this idiotic praise in comments good god I can't

Can we for real start a petition against this a*shole??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->