Vogue Italia June 2015 : The China Issue

is this M&M's ed inspired by Ethel Granger? it's like Meisel's "The discipline of fashion" part 2

Fei Fei's ed is by far the best, but is still lacking something. Everything apart from fei's ed looks horrifically cheap and amateur... really dissapointing
(+ i'm so irritated that natalie westling showed her face again... eurgh)

That Steven Klein ed looks like a lookbook for Kenzo. McDean and Sorrenti's are better suited for Elle Australia. And that ed of M&M is like a try hard version of Meisel's past work. Weak issue overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this M&M's ed inspired by Ethel Granger? it's like Meisel's "The discipline of fashion" part 2

I was about to say that. Feels very repetitive, especially since Meisel did it better.

The eds are very weak, the Fei Fei's ed is by far the best cover story, in spite of than i'm tired of M&M work.

Can someone translate the italian write up for Fei Fei. I see Ethel Granger mentioned in there.

M&M just proved my previous point! That Fei Fei ed looks too similar to Meisel's issue with Stella Tenant a few years ago with the tight corsets and face piercings. SMH

It is quite interesting to see a No-Meisel issue of VI and see how it turns out. I have to say that i find this quite boring.
Even the simplest story of Meisel is more exciting than those eds.
I love the CMD story. It is strong and he is not trying to hard!
The M&M story is not bad but i'm sick and tired of them...they are not versatile enough.
The Klein story! My god! SO BAD!

Vogue Italia needs MEISEL. This is the proof, the ultimate proof. Franca needs to find some young photographers with a different or new point of view because this is not good at all.

They made history with this Issue but it is a waste for me!

I LOVE Fei Fei's ed. And that's about it. Bring back Meisel!

Maybe M&M made this as a farewell homage to Meisel, and maybe they are trying to show that they can do it better than him.

Fabulous girls, but nothing special inside and the Four covers doesnt made one Meisel cover.

Well, I think it would be quite naive to assume that every single model he takes under his wing will be huge. What I mean is that Meisel's vision holds immense power and can wholly change a model's career. Being noticed by him is obviously not the only way to be successful but at the same time is a huge deal for any model and most of the time changes things for the better. When it comes to exposure, Vogue Italia isn't the most mainstream and that's exactly my point. A model gets to be seen in a more creative and sometimes avant garde way and fashion needs that.

Stories don't always have to be literal narratives. What I was refering to is Meisel's overall perspective and ability to bring out a certain side of a model.

Totally agree!

Okay, now I see your point clearly and I must admit that this time we are in agreement ;-)))

All these editorials are pretty lifeless and boring... There's something missing... A pinch of sophistication that even the most boring Meisel stories had in them...

The issue look bad, wors edit Steven Klein, but M&M are copy Meisel to much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->