Vogue Italia June 2015 : The China Issue

I just hope that VI multi covers continue to be a rare thing. (As I recall, their "Black issue" was the last multi cover?)

^ July 2013 was the last one and June 2013 with Gisele was with 2 covers no?

Beauty
Model: Estelle Chen
Photographer: Miles Aldridge
Stylist: Cathy Kasterine

glossynewsstand.com

Craig McDean
Models: Yuan Bo Chao & Natalie Westling
Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Olivier Rizzo

glossynewsstand.com

^^ Estelle could so be Liu Wen's little sister.

Mario Sorrenti
Models: Jing Wen, Gia Tang & Fernanda Ly
Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Stylist: Panos Yiapanis

Steven Klein
Models: Anna Cleveland, Jing Ma, Tian Yi & Xiao Wen Ju
Photographer: Steven Klein
Stylist: Patti Wilson

glossynewsstand.com

Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Model: Fei Fei Sun
Photographers: Mert & Marcus
Stylist: Katy England

glossynewsstand.com

It feels weird now. It's like one issue without Meisel just passed and all the prestige that this magazine has faded.

Edit: I mean like that artsy cool vibe. Not prestige.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Fei Fei editorial is awespme though. Steven Klein is better at shooting boys. Some of the models are zapped of life in the spread.

Mert & Marcus' editorial is sickening!! It's so beautiful BUT....I can't see it without seeing Vogue Paris / W magazine especially it's in black and white. Legs here, slits here, skin skin skin and more skin. It has the VP formula tbh. It's beautiful but it's not the Vogue Italia I'm used to seeing.

Craig McDean's is the best for me! It's very old school cool. It's the editorial that reminds me of Vogue Italia the most.

Sorrenti and Klein's... I have no words. Klein's doesn't even have any coherence with his Marilyn like cover...

It´s one of the weakest Vogue Italia issues I have ever seen yet. None of these editorials are super strong nor interesting nor fresh. They´ve been done and re-done lots of times and the photographers did not bring something special. Indeed we can clearly see what Meisel power to the magazine was. I am not impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->