Vogue Italia October 2020 : Justin & Hailey Bieber by Eli Russell Linnetz

I’m not sure why it is acceptable for editor’s to justify their use of tasteless celebrities simply because the subjects are celebrities. How can anyone with an ounce of class or artistry pay homage to Helmut Newton with the Biebers? I mean, honestly. Justin is not an exciting musical artist (no one cares about his pop contributions) and Hailey is the least discussed woman from the whole Kendall/Gigi/Bella tribe. Vogue has always played it safe bit this is just dull. The photographs are just ugly.

If I don’t know hailey and Justin and just randomly browsing photos through pinterest, I thought that’s its jalouse or nova or frank magazine From 1999-2002 with some random Young amateurish photographer but not a-list publication celebrating 100 years of one of the most important photographer in fashion of the whole XX century with whom this title was lucky to work with Back in a day.
I could picture some archival shooting with ysl ads (Helmut worked with Yves for decades) collaged with new Saint Laurent pieces made by Vaccarello, like they did for interview magazine in September 2019 with Bianca Jagger old shoot, I could picture myself various covers By various artists like a dedication or some Newton unrealeased shots

Instead with have some basic celebrity couple and Hailey looks like cheap hooker wearing AliExpress items in all this latex suits.
Facepalm

Why are these two doing on a Vogue Italia cover?
Anyway, VI produced the most ridiculous covers this year.

I don't dislike her, but she's the further thing from a Helmut Newton girl there is -- nothing mysterious about her. Newton's work was sensual and erotic, but never obvious. These two always have their tongues down each others throats, give them 5 years tops.

Very pathetic these two, average looks and attention grabbing like no other young couple right now. I don't see what's so special about the cover, it's ok for Playboy or Rolling Stone, not for Vogue.

Have to admit that Playboy is quite good in its golden era! This one is just not for Vogue!

It's a good image! If they were just two unknowns the reactions would be completely different lol. That being said I think this kinda cover is more suited for Vogue CS or Portugal... not VI level, but then again all the 100 covers from last month weren't either so...

Now Hailey has a US and Italia cover (both with her husband though, sad!). Just Paris and UK left for her to complete the big four and make most TFSers have a collective meltdown lmao! Can't wait.

The cover is nice & the views too, but i don't get it why their use the marriage to get publicty? Ever more Hailey because is trying to be a recognized model but she looks like a rich girl who wants play to be a fashion model & also, she doesn't have that profile.

VI is getting worse every month& it's a disrespectful that this issue is a tribute of Helmut Newton.

I hate the text that seems to resemble p*rn*gr*ph*c male ejeculate over latex clad girl.

The picture is good but the Teenage FanGirl art direction is just cheap. I just wish it wasn't these mediocre celebrities.

I hate the text that seems to resemble p*rn*gr*ph*c male ejeculate over latex clad girl.

The picture is good but the Teenage FanGirl art direction is just cheap. I just wish it wasn't these mediocre celebrities.
:rofl: I thought the text looked rather childish.

And also want to add my 5 cent to the photographer of this mess. Eli Russell is just a handsome guy close to Kanye West, and west’s “Midas touch” made his name so south-after.
He shot infamous Kanye West music video ‘fade’ with Teyana, and to be precise that’s it. He produced one yeezy adidas shooting, few kardashian promo shooting, few works for alexander wang, Lady Gaga shoot, and 2 editorials with celebs for interview under Mel Ottenberg. I counted like 12 shootings altogether for all his prof life and they are all just because he is acquainted with LA based celebs and Kanye family.
And now this “prodigy” get helmut newton dedicated cover.
I guess Farnetti just got the aftermath of the virus which affect his brain cells, I don’t have other explanation.

Vogue Italia October 2020

Them and Us

Photographer: Eli Russell Linnetz
Stylist: Mel Ottenberg, Karla Welch
Hair: Serena Radaelli
Makeup: Francesca Tolot
Cast: Justin and Hailey Bieber

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Vogue Italia October 2020

I Am the Father of Your Performance

Photographer & Stylist: Vanessa Beecroft
Hair: Peter Gray