Vogue Italia September 2023 : Angelina Kendall by Carlijn Jacobs

is Farneti back ?

it’s an interesting concept I guess but I’m not gobsmacked over it.

quite the accolade for the model: nabbing a Vogue Italia September cover just like that.

VOGUE ITALIA PRESENTA ANGELINA KENDALL, COVER GIRL DEL NUMERO DI SETTEMBRE, E NEXT BIG THING. ECCO PERCHÉ… (Preview)
Photography: Carlijn Jacobs
Styling: Imruh Asha
Hair: Mustafa Yanaz
Make-up: Thomas De Kluyver
Model: Angelina Kendall

vogue.it

Usually I get an instant result if I like something, or the other way around. With this, I don’t know. It’s very weird but interesting, it’s not good but it’s not bad.

The cover is gimmicky and the editorial is a disjointed mess. This feels more Vogue Portugal than Italia.

Carlijn is a technically strong photographer, but she is no visionary image-maker. Imruh is unfortunately just as directionless with his styling and the result, much like the gimmicky AI cover with Bella earlier this year, isn't great. Still, good technical execution lifts the whole thing somewhat, at least more than the awfully saturated and sloppily retouched images of a photographer like Pavarotti, for example.

It's ridiculous and looks like a mess, indeed it feels very Farnetti's days lol.
NEXT!

This subscribes to the superficial idea of what people think VI is/was/can be…
It’s quite mediocre because it’s not daring. It’s gimmicky, there’s no POV and we will forget about it like we forgot about every previous covers.

The cover is a concept, but it's downhill from there.

Never mind looking twice, it's not worth looking at once.

The October issue of World of Interiors arrived earlier. It's 416 pgs. FOUR HUNDRED PAGES. It might not be fashion, but it'll have some interesting visual content in there. Why would I waste my time on Vogue Italia with this level of cover story?

I find it a really good thing that there's no celebrity on the sept issue!

It's better just to see good side of this.
Not fan of end result. It need more work or diferent guidance.

Farneti had weird text, the issue word in every cover plus the name of the photographer, quite far from this.

I think I do like the cover? Kind of happy to be undecided about it, actually. Feels good that I’ve had to think about it at least.

The fold out cover is cool. But the cover image itself is kind of weird with just one leg

i like the cover, I don't mind if it's a gimmicky cover, fashion sometimes needs that as well as editorial...the thing is that the editorial is another story, but maybe there are some more images that add something more...have a concept and develop it through the pages/pictures

so 416 pages? let's see what kind of content they deliver this time. HB Italia have half amount of pages and it was a bad issue.

^^^ 330pg. tigerrouge was referencing World of Interiors with 416pg.

2 original stories. Coverstory “Angelina” and “Spazio e Materia” by Dario Catellani.

5 reprints. Scott Trindles’ Burberry advertorial “En Plein Air”; David Sims’ “Dissolvenza”; Charlotte Wales’ “Tutto In Una Notte” of celebs with the Theatre Royal Drury Lane; Theo Liu’s “La Citta Incantata”; and that Rafael eyesore.

Imagine the worst and sloppiest low-effort issue of Dazed/i-D, and this is that issue.

(I can see why Zorka hasn’t bothered to post any of this. It’s just all so forgettable and a waste of bandwidth.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->