Vogue Japan January 2019 : Tilda Swinton by Peter Lindbergh

By Paolo Roversi?

Terrible styling, it's better for them to stick with white background Bill King style.

So she's wearing the Chanel bride look, but on the cover it looks pastel blue whereas on the runway it seemed like a pastel sea green? Maybe it's the photography.

I never was a worshipper of Tilda Swinton, but it's really awful, the wig makes her look ill.

Oh come on Vogue Japan. I know your waaaaaay better than this.

Yayy Tilda, ready for some fashion galore.. oh wait, wtf is this??
The hair is the worst part.

By Paolo Roversi?

Terrible styling, it's better for them to stick with white background Bill King style.
Coups be Roversi, but I’m also getting a Boo George vibe.

She looks like one of those tacky Chanel obessed clients we can see at the shows. They are usually wearing the loudest colored Chanel suits with big logos accessories and of course the most expensive bag.

The Tilda/Chanel pair is generally good but this is tragic. I'm sorry but unless you're Carlyne, don't try the logo a gogo thing.
Awful wig. Awful cover.

Am I the only one who likes this cover? I actually like the intention of the stylist and I appreciate it because it's not the typical style that Tilda usually gets. I'm sick of seeing her like an androgynous alien, this time she is tacky but not cheap and it's fun!

^I have to agree! I don't hate it. It's interesting, Tilda is generally so out there with her look that she actually becomes more arresting to me when she is styled as an 'ordinary' person.

They could have gone classic 'super high glam' ala Carmen Dell'Orefice, But they chose a run down Kris Kardashian inspired style instead. Uh No!

What's with Vogue Japan ruining my favourite photographers? How is this Lindbergh? Christ...

^Two years ago, I would've been 100% certain this was photographed by Patrick Demarchelier until I read it was by Peter Lindbergh.

Never been a Tilda Swinton fan or understood the fascination. This here only confirms why I've never been an admirer, and think everything is just dreadful... from that atrocious hair to Tilda's vacant expression. What a dull, underwhelming and unremarkable way to start 2019!

So, the issue clocks in at a whopping 301 pages, and comes complete with a Beauty Awards supplement (103 pages). That's 404 pages for a January issue!!! Asian editions are unbelievable.

A Bold Idea

Photographer: Victor Demarchelier
Stylist: Aurora Sansone
Hair: David Von Cannon
Makeup: Alice Lane
Cast: Lily Nova

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Riders of Destiny

Photographer: Tom Craig
Hair & Makeup: Dani Rull
Cast: Adrienne Juliger & Kim van der Laan

0GHX80iY_t.jpg

Celebrating the Poet

Photographer: Tom Craig
Hair & Makeup: Martina Bolis
Cast: Amber Wittcomb

The Magic Rainbow

Photographer: Elena Rendina
Stylist: Rena Semba
Hair: Yusuke Moroika
Makeup: Tomohiro Muramatsu
Cast: Chiharu Okunugi

Grand Mystery of Alyscamps

Photographer: Jiro Konami
Stylist: Saori Masuda
Hair: Killian Marin
Makeup: Lorandy
Cast: Lily Nova, Jeske van der Pal, Jette Loona Hermanis, Julee Huang, Dwight Hoogendijk, Matthieu Villot, Aketch Joy Winnie, Zarina Green Lorentzen

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->