Vogue Japan January 2019 : Tilda Swinton by Peter Lindbergh

Ou Etes-Vous Tilda?

Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Stylist: Jerry Stafford (It should be mentioned that 95% of all Tilda's shoots are styled by her personal stylist.)
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Makeup: Lucia Pica
Cast: Tilda Swinton

7JRtMDl9_t.jpg

D3jdOVCa_t.jpg

sJn2pKwO_t.jpg

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Women of the Year 2018

Photographer: Tomakazu Yamada
Stylist: Rena Semba, Massataka Hatori, Tsugumi Watari, Yoko Kageyama, Rena Sato,
Hair: Go Utsugi, Miho Matsuura,
Makeup: Yusuke Saeki, Coco
Hair & Makeup: Chie Fujimoto, Atushi Takatori, Toshihiro Baba
Cast: Aimyon, Anne Nakamura, Meiko Kaji :heart:, Honoka Matsumoto, Akiko Nogi, Hikari Mogi

NlpeEPlC_t.jpg

PjAQU0SB_t.jpg
fcUEHYEY_t.jpg

rCKXhofF_t.jpg
d1sWfVLl_t.jpg

4LSi6nM0_t.jpg
WkWblldf_t.jpg

JryFo1x3_t.jpg
x0NGX2hM_t.jpg

arpeqzUO_t.jpg
iHmS9JJj_t.jpg

OKI0UTHO_t.jpg
RofdUAbb_t.jpg

Lost in the Wild

Photographer: Michal Pudelka
Stylist: Chiara Totire
Hair: Gianluigi Gargaro
Makeup: Jessica Nedza
Cast: He Cong, Lorena Maraschi, Giulia Maenza

RgwPWNbO_t.jpg
VOGnpdFN_t.jpg

Ik7SABdF_t.jpg
XnAo6Rs1_t.jpg

UrWRI0yk_t.jpg
7nHUhfPB_t.jpg

rpPqT3h7_t.jpg
bGWqPnLz_t.jpg

ekv3lCSs_t.jpg
dj83SNof_t.jpg

qClBDMPE_t.jpg
t2YySWpk_t.jpg

Ou Etes-Vous Tilda? What a beautiful editorial! Classic Lindbergh!

Lost in the Wild - CRINGE.

Strangely the editorial for Tilda is infinite times better than the cover shot!

New Breed

Photographer: Katsuide Morimoto
Stylist: Saori Masuda
Hair & Makeup: Carol Lopez Reid
Cast: Jorja Smith

I love Tilda and her style! She looks better than ever.

Literally every other picture in the ed is better than the cover. How?

Jorja looks so pretty omg

I know, right!?! When the time comes for her British Vogue cover they should keep it as simple as this and let her beauty shine. I also like the Junuya on her.

Was pleasantly surprised at seeing tge evergreen Meiko Kaji in Vogue, looking stunning. And the rest of the cast looked rather impressive in hf as well. That why I posted the edit. It adds a somewhat interesting twist to those looks which we'll no doubt see in 1001 ways.

While I still think Tilda's hair or wig is ill-fitting, one can't deny that her editorial is splendid. And kudos to Mitsuko for granting Lindbergh that many pages. It's so expansive, which was needed to spin this voyeuristic tale. Does that cloak the fact that it's in theory one big Chanel advertorial? Or that it's styled by Tilda's personal stylist, no doubt a demand of hers? Maybe. And I'm 100% against the concept of advertorials. But if so much value goes into the edit, how can one fault the end result?

It also seems VJ is trying to make amends for just about leaving Tao Okamoto to fend for herself years ago in an industry which never really knew what to do with Japanese models. They've been consistently supporting Chiharu Okunugi which is impressive. Perhaps taking a leaf out of Vogue China's book, who support their own models above all else.

Pudelka is well overdue for a creative rehab. It's way too soon for him to be stuck in a rut like this. Proof that hyping photographers up too soon is never a good thing. A selfie edit? Executed so terribly.

I'm not sure what's with the UK Harper's crossover with Tom Craig's edits, but at least with one of them he succeeded to make Amber Witcomb look like she's NOT about to fall asleep any minute now.

Overall great issue for a month like January.

Jorja is stunning, praying she gets a British Vogue cover this year!

I would have given Jorja the cover.

Although, some of Tilda's editorial shot are hauntingly beautiful! Most favorite is the one where she's walking with her hand on her chest. Classic Lindbergh

I'm going to assume she's promoting a character for some upcoming movie and keep it moving cause this aint worth talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->