Vogue Korea February 2022 : Rebecca Leigh Longendyke by Luigi & Iango

Jihye! How long since the last time we saw her!??

“1970” is luscious. For a white seamless shoot, it soars with such mood and attitude that captures the opium-and-sex decadence of the era. And that Jihye resembles Cher of that era doesn’t hurt either.

I always take a strong dosage of Luigi & Iango whenever I can, so I'm very much a fan of this and think they've photographed Rebecca Leigh Longendyke wonderfully here. She's a real beauty, suits the styling perfectly and genuinely couldn't pick between the two covers.

This is also shaping up the be the most solid February 2022 issue we've seen! Those portrait photographs of Rebecca are flawless and Giseok Cho's story with Jihye Park is nothing short of spectacular. What a flawlessly-executed story inspired by the 70s! I'm sat here in awe.

main editorial is indeed beautiful and ‘1970’ is absolutely fantastic! amazing issue!

Jihye's Cher is an achievement only comparable to Karolina's Marilyn Manson or Snejana's Wintour. With "1970", Vogue Korea opens the dam gate and lets class flood the land. This magazine makes me want to be a better person.

This is a great issue, but Jihye Park story is way stronger than the main editorial. The appropriate arrogance and subtle sexuality are so fitting to this Cher look.

Main edit is good too by Luigi & Iango standards, glad they improved, usually when they go out of their studio it is a mess, but not this time.

I just received my copy, and the cover looks 100x better in person since it's in pastel color. it has 296 pages with 330 additional pages for the Vogue Runway supplement (which covers S/S 2022 runway shows from A-Z). I love that this issue focuses on fashion from the 1960s-present. Jihye Park's editorial, as well as 22Y2MKY2K22P, 1960, and Rebecca's cover story are the highlights of this issue.

16 Editorials in total:

The Icon (7p)
By Jungwook Mok
With Shin Min-a

New Semester (9p)
by Jongha Park

A Portrait of a Lady (8p)
by Jiyong Yoon

Enfant Terrible (8p)
by Sangmi An

You Don't Know Me (10p)
by Jooyoung Ahn

Youngblood (15p)
by Luigi and Iango
with Rebecca Leigh Longendyke

22Y2MKY2K22P (24p)
by Dukhwa Jang

1960 (8p)
by Sunhye Shin

1970 (8p)
by Giseok Cho

1980 (8p)
by Dukhwa Jang

1990 (8p)
by Sinae Kim

Youthburst (14p)
by Alasdair McLellan

Clever and Clover (12p)
by Sangmi An

Me, My Self (10p)
by Yeongjun Kim

Us Now (6p)
by Yeongjun Kim

Over the Moon (6p)
by Heejune Kim

An excellent issue overall. I really love this edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->