Vogue Paris August 2012 : Marion Cotillard by Mario Sorrenti

marion looked so much more amazing the last time she was on vogue paris then this! And whats with that cheap font :|

I just get really sad to watch the magazine that used to my favorite in the whole world, become... this. I'm not gonna repeat the complaints, I think everyone is tired to know. I'm just gonna continue to hope that Condé Nast put a end in this misery.

marion is beautiful but this cover does nothing, hoping the contents will be great

^Seriously ? that is a bit dramatic, I don't mean this to sound like I'm being nasty, but saying this is bad is OTT.

I'd seriously love to see everyones idea of the perfect cover, I probably am a little over protective of VP under Alt, but the more people hate, the more I appreciate the issue :lol:.

I don't think my post was over the top. Funny you should say you feel overprotective of VP under Alt because I do too. She gets so much undeserved hate simply because she's not Carine. And I have generally liked her covers, but this one is simply awful. Honestly, I don't know if Marion ever looked good on a cover (strange since she is beautiful) but this one may be her worst one.
Posted via Mobile Device

She looks beautiful but I´d expect something more interesting from VP than a closeup...
Can´t believe I´m saying this but I like her US cover better.

I know, right? Not sure if they do this to save money, but even if they do, it's not a good thing anyway.

It's to satisfy the advertisers. Ensuring the big brands who pay for ad space within the magazine are given a full page credit. The same way certain big ad spenders always land their pieces on cover shots.

Arizona's close-up cover was more attractive. Although I do admire this one and I'm certain this will be a knock-out on the stands. I anticipate the editorial content, Mario Sorrenti on the streets of Paris seems to hold promise. Emmanuelle knocks it outta' the park once more.

Preview of Marion's story
nuovaimmaginem.png

Preview of the long ed by Sorrenti
nuovaimmagine1b.png

[mail/newsletter Vogue Paris]

Oh, lord, could this cover be anymore corporate?

OMG I can't wait to see the Sorrenti ed, the McQueen shot is amazing :heart:

Same old story, I love Marion but the cover isn't attractive at all. I'm sure there are going to be better shots from the Ed that could have made it to the cover, judging from the preview. What I don't understand is why can't they make her a flattering cover, co sideri g her beauty. I also love the McQueen outtake a lot, even if that dress has been featured previously on many publications.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, the Alexander McQueen shot is so captivating. There had better be a shot taken at the Eiffel Tower.

I love it. Who better to represent French women than Marion?

Please stop it with that. We have a lot of french women who represent france better than her : Vanessa Paris, Juliette Greco, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Catherine Deneuve, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Has VP ever done an Edith Piaf-French vintage music issue? I would love seeing that concept on a cover.
Posted via Mobile Device

Please stop it with that. We have a lot of french women who represent france better than her : Vanessa Paris, Juliette Greco, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Catherine Deneuve, etc

totally agree, and i add Emmanuelle Beart and Virginie Ledoyen to that list :heart:

Yes and none of them have crossed over to mainstream Hollywood the way that Marion has. I agree that those women you listed embody French beauty, style & class but so does Marion and none of them have had the immense success that Marion has.

^Yes, she has crossed over mainstream Hollywood. However, this is French Vogue not American and I don't think this magazine is aimed towards people from America. This cover is a bore but it's still better than her US Vogue cover. Who's that model on the Sorrenti editorial? Her arms look scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->