Vogue Paris December 2018/January 2019 : 'The Birkin Clan' by Lachlan Bailey

Cher by Lou a fantastic editorial concept although the execution leaves much to be desired. As much as I love the spirit of the shoot, the fashion styling is horrendous. Nonetheless Lou's beautiful bone structure does perfectly vibe with Cher's. It's uncanny. Although I have to say I much prefer the way Vogue It presents their archive eds as 2 page spreads so one can easily get the feel of the layout in real life.

At first glance I rolled my eyes thinking oh there's Grace again in Miss Vogue: The Jane Genie. It's great to see Vanina shooting for VP however over done that Jane inspired ed. Cuz you know having two Jane inspired fashion eds in one issue is totally out of the box and completely unexpected in the pages of VP the rest of the time.

I love Lou's Editorial. She is very interesting!

This image of Jane is from Vogue Paris March 2014 (Here's the feauture)
David Sims - Photographer

I was wondering why they would commission Sims for one inage. Poor Lachlan, his great moment overshadowed by Sims, all thanks to Alt. I mean, there must've been more shots of Jane on his film. In fact, the idea to not show a series of images showing all three women is such a wasted opportunity for me.

Got mine a few days prior to Christmas and while it's not the most groundbreaking of covers or guest-edited issue that Vogue Paris has delivered - it's not exactly the worst I've came across either.

After taking the time to sit down with the issue, the cover is a whole lot better in person and the combination of the pink and red Vogue masthead has grown on me (it certainly complements the black and white cover shot). I very much doubt a clichéd foiled masthead would've gone amiss, though (perhaps looking a little too much like the Karl Lagerfeld issue).

There's a few nice shots of Lou Doillon by Inez & Vinoodh where she's channeling Cher and giving me all sorts of flashbacks to the likes of Daria Werbowy and Jessica Miller in VP. I'm quite fond of Rianne's editorial too, which I feel is a fresh and modern take on Jane Birkin's iconic sense of style. I could've sworn Charlotte by Lachlan Bailey was styled by Emmanuelle Alt until I noticed it was Aleksandra Woroniecka (must just be the use of leather, feathers and all the black).

Quite an enjoyable issue overall but I'm certainly sat here anticipating what Alt has us for February!

Aye, it definitely isn't the worst issue of Vogue Paris that's ever appeared on the newsstand, but for me, it remains unbought - I was excited to see it, thinking the contents would look better as a whole, but it still doesn't appeal to me as much as it should, given the magazine should excel at the theme they've chosen.

For a celebratory issue, it almost feels funereal...

Dear Lord. What MORE is there to say about these women?

That's exactly it. What's the need of ANOTHER Birkin inspired thing? Didn't we have enough?

I think this is the perfect question to define Alt's tenure at VP. It's the same, the same, the same, the same again and again. Broken records playing over non stop. No breaks. No nothing. Same models, same photographers, same eds... Really tiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaue23204
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->