Vogue Paris October 2009 : Kate Moss by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by surrealseven, Sep 19, 2009.

1. birdyandme

birdyandme Active Member

P.S Thanks for all of the scans Laetitia! :flower:

2. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

It´s not about her age but her work as a model. imo lately she´s been lacking range, looking always the same, old-tired-bored... maybe it´s the photographers´fault but because she´s KATE MOSS I expect more from her. 19 years ago she used to smile, when was the last time she looked happy on an ed/cover? (well, in W sep cover she kinda smiled but it´s not the same), she used to look sexy without looking tired... the overexposure doesn´t help, it only makes it more obvious.

I don´t think that people are bashing her, it´s just that they´re expressing their oppinions which happen to be very similar...

#302 kokobombon, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Rendlog82: Sep 24, 2009
  3. nanker_phledge

nanker_phledge Active Member

I partly agree, but reversibly, in the 90's, you would see a lot of girls laughing, smiling, having fun, the 00's is more about the long faces.(I'm not talking about Kate specifically but it's just something I noticed while browsing mags from the 90's).

4. *ana*

*ana* old-fashioned

that's what i always complain about - not about kate moss herself, but how she's been portrayed. i blame the fashion editors and the photographers more than her because the very few times i've seen her smiling in recent eds, she looked amazing. and not just smiling, but more spontaneous like in that Love ed by mert & marcus. she's much more versatile face-wise than she seems to be in eds like this one - which i like a lot, but it's not very different from what she's been doing for a while now. seems like just because she's kate moss, people don't want to "mess" with her image very much, like they always want her very recognizable, always that sexy/open-mouth look, messy hair, leather/studs styling, etc. she's always 'herself' in her eds, not a character, which can get quite boring.
    now talking about versatility, lara stone seems to be the only model they 'explored' a bit more here (maybe more than the entire february issue), judging by the previews. but overall i think it's a good issue, great cover, nice eds. i'm very glad kate wasn't over-airbrushed in her ed by the way. i guess that's its big differential compared to the rest of her recent work.

5. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

^^maybe the "new generation" models I like the most smile more often ^_^
    I thought it was because of the photographers she´s been working with lately but Testino shot her for Vogue UK and it´s the same, which is a pity since some of the most beautiful and memorable "smiling Kate" pics were his... anyway, I´m done venting my frustration :blush:

6. testinofan

testinofan ███████████████

are diferent times diferent style of model but Kate alwys is Kate smile or not and 19 year here to one girl is much.

7. KissMiss

KissMiss Well-Known Member

I don't mind anyone looking older... basically all my favorite models look a little bit older now... I just don't like when they make them look unrealistically good... that's it...

8. KissMiss

KissMiss Well-Known Member

Would be great but then it would not be a top model issue even though Diane did some modelling too...

9. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

i don't wanna go back into the "top/super-model" debate.
    i thought supermodel was indeed never used in french.
    what a surprise to read in this issue of Vogue Paris that french journalists of VP use the "supermodel" term to define Naomi, Linda etc. and "über-model" to define Gisele Bündchen.

When you read "boring" (literally !) in a french article, you can only question the validity of some of their journalists. is ennuyeuse or ennuyante too "boring" to use it ?
    et dire that decades ago Edmonde Charles-Roux was EIC of Vogue Paris ..........

but fashion magazines are not dogma so ..... forget about it !
    ;)

10. Diorette

Diorette Active Member

I received it this morning! :woot:

The supplement is so great. :wub:

11. Laetitia

Laetitia New Member

Supplement's Cover

[​IMG]

Scan By Me

12. Laetitia

Laetitia New Member

Lara

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Scan by me

13. McQueezy

McQueezy Member

Thanks for your scans Laetitia :flower:

I like Lara's ed but it's so disconnected. The first half has no relation to the second.

14. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Another Lara ed that I LOVE! She's so gorgeous!

15. sill

sill Active Member

Sorry to bother you guys but most of you are experts in the magazine thing.. I'm a subscriber to Vogue Paris and I signed up for 10 magazines.. This october issue should be my last and tenth one but I got a letter today saying that my subscription has ended ("Votre abonnement à VOGUE est terminé") and I'm just wondering if I'll get this issue or not... :unsure:

16. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

^I know Vogue Paris subscription has a policy of ALWAYS offering an issue or two for free when your subscription comes to its end.
    at least, in the past ...

so perhaps you'll receive it.

but what i found is weird is that you receive the letter without the magazine.
    i always receive their letter under the plastic package of the magazine.

you should call them in France.

17. sill

sill Active Member

well i'm not that fluent in french that i could speak and/or understand them over the phone... but i'll try calling them! thanks

18. vavavinny

vavavinny Active Member

I MUSTTTTTTTT have this supplement!!!! Too bad I won't receive it here in the U.S. :(! There is always ebay I guess :lol:!

19. fierceboi

fierceboi New Member

love LARA she's terrific...just can't get enuf of her

20. Lanbim Cord

Lanbim Cord New Member

why Lara is so brown/black in the "first row" at page 21? :(:(:( i couldn't recognize her :S
    and i don't like the ed,but i usually love her :(
    edit: i have no problems with black people :)

#320 Lanbim Cord, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 25, 2009