Vogue Paris September 2021 : Tindi Mar by Mikael Jansson

A quite mediocre issue. Pavarotti and Kamara delivered tho. They stepped out of their comfort zone and produced something that fit the aesthetic of the magazine. That ed got me more interested in Pavarotti. It’s good to see someone from the new generation having some range (finally)!

The rest of the issue is the same boring jeans and fast-food worthy stuff Emmanuelle and her team does. The concepts are boring but with boring models, it’s just a sleeping pill.

I hope the 100th issue will be better but while I’m not a fan of the cover, it will certainly have a bigger impact in the exhibition in bigger scale.

Not at all what I expected from Vogue Paris for September but the cover transports me back to Joan Juliet Buck's tenure, which I certainly don't mind and I can imagine those colours and the graphic layout will allow the cover to sing on newsstands.

Also much to my complete amazement, Lourdes Leon by Karim Sadli is the highlight of the entire issue for me and think she's photographed just wonderfully, love the beauty styling and the overall Cher vibes I'm getting. Rafael Pavarotti's story is also just as beautiful, very striking and feels like a total breath of fresh air and unusual to see such a story within the pages of Vogue Paris.

Not the most eventful issues of Vogue Paris (especially for September) but it has still given me far more than what everyone else is selling this month.

My theory is that they're saving content in preparation for the anniversary next month. I'm really looking forward to it and I doubt that this was Emmanuelle's last issue cause I'm sure there'd be a proper announcement of such event. I have really high expectations for the next issue since it's been highly anticipated for a whole year now.

My digital version has 304pgs.

Certainly hope that the anniversary issue has more of some signs of life… This is a decent issue, just not for a September issue (God— LVMH is ramming Kim Jones down our proverbial throat. Just gross…). Then again, these current-era September issues have been so flat and uninspired, that at least Emmanuelle has a POV with the styling that runs throughout this issue: That late-90s/early-2000s look of fuller pants with more fitted tops. It’s not much of a statement really, but at least it’s a slight hint that Paris at least still has a POV in these gentrified times at Vogue.

(BTW, it’s a good thing you spared everyone the creepy Vogue kids story “Action!”. Vogue Bambini this is not… 7yos cosplaying filmmaking like those Little Rascals… just creepy creepy creepy….)

Anyone post the editorials please?

The Daniel Jackson ed feels so out of place in this issue, and very interestingly they also don't reprint Pavarotti's Prada ed. I feel that if Emmanuelle doesn't have to reprint the Daniel Jackson ed, this issue will be much stronger.

Turns out after looking at the Sept issue of Big 4 Vogue, only US Vogue have different layout (and pics) for both Daniel Jackson and Prada ed, i wonder why.

The Daniel Jackson ed feels so out of place in this issue, and very interestingly they also don't reprint Pavarotti's Prada ed. I feel that if Emmanuelle doesn't have to reprint the Daniel Jackson ed, this issue will be much stronger.

Turns out after looking at the Sept issue of Big 4 Vogue, only US Vogue have different layout (and pics) for both Daniel Jackson and Prada ed, i wonder why.
Because Anna is the big boss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->