Vogue Russia January 2019 : Kris Grikaite by Chris Colls

ChicSaks

Reaction score
46478056_2232255030117827_5706290645052299013_n.jpg

Vogue Russia Instagram

In colour this would've been such a powerful and striking shot. And her silhouette should definitely have been centered. But overall nice despite looking so safe. Can you imagine what this cover would've looked like under Doletskaya? It would've played more on the androgyny angle styling and casting choice, for starters. More attitude!

It does looks like Vogue Russia is finally catching up to Vogue Ukraine getting all the likes. Good on them, I suppose.

I'm surprised that I like this given I don't expect a lot from VR these days - I agree with the comments it would be stronger in colour but I actually love the styling. Kris is such a beauty and (to me at least) has such a transformative face little effort is required for her to 'model' - she manages to look androgynous despite her distinctly feminine features. Now they just need to work on their content..

I love it. I think that is perfect and I love the black and white photo.

I gotta say this is probably one of the most stunning magazine covers in recent years.

I disagree with it having to be color. I think the black and white really gives it the vintage feel I think Chris was going for. It's a very beautiful cover.

LOVE this. It would look very bland in colour, this black and white works wonders with this styling. I also love that it is not centered, and the pop of red on the text. I love this, I really do, she looks stunning, it's simple, it's perfect.

I was not expecting this from Vogue Russia.

easy peasy (COVER STORY)
Photographer: Chris Colls
Stylist: Elissa Santisi
Hair: Ward Stegerhoek
Make-up: Fulvia Farolfi
Model: Kris Grikaite

000000000000000.jpg 0.jpg 00.jpg 000.jpg 0000.jpg 00000.jpg 000000.jpg 0000000.jpg 00000000.jpg 000000000.jpg
models.com

Review

Vogue Jewellery: Julia Bergshoeff by David Ferrua, styled by Malina Joseph Gilchrist 6 pgs
Kris by Chris Colls
Xie Chaoyu by Frankiewicz & Rozniata, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak 12 pgs
Julia Van Os by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Maya Zepinic 11 pgs
Kate Grigorieva by Alexey Kolpakov, styled by Olesya Sedova 4 pgs
total 186 pgs + Horoscope supplement

Ever since somebody said in the Prada ad thread that Kris looks like Daisy Duck, I can't get this out of my head every time I see her.
The cover was promising, but the ed pales by comparison.

My Heart's in the Highlands
Photographer: Alexey Kolpakov
Stylist: Olesya Sedova
Model: Kate Grigorieva

issuu

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back