W February 2010 : Rihanna by Craig McDean

I used too like Rihanna many times ago... But now, I can't stand what she delivers. This mixture of vulgarity and provocation doesn't appeal me at all. She's not different on this cover, and especially in her ed, so I obviously don't like them.

the cover is ok, not my favorite for sure.
the editorial is nice though

I'm not seeing where she looks angry on the cover. I think the eyebrow is unusual but her face looks fairly neutral. The first black and white shot would have made a more compelling cover image but W is always good.

Dont listen to her music or follow her life, beyond the scandal that was, i like this. The cover is fantastic, the styling is great, she looks in control and hot, and the font does not piss me off. Way better than last months vanilla, this is how W should do celeb covers, and her spread is just as good.

But its strange to see a musician on the February cover, since its usually their A-list issue with an actor or two fronting it.

Could this broad give us all a break and go away for a few months? I'm suffering from "Rihanna fashion magazine cover overdose"!!!!! Every month for the past three she's on one cover or another. Ugh. :sick:

-hate the hair, hate the makeup on the cover and usually everything what she's doing now I think is disgusting.

by the way:

someone can ID the gloves on picture 3 and 5?

I love this shoot more than the one in GQ. She just looks way elegant here

At the rate 2010 is going with magazine cover choices (Miley?!)

I think I'm going to save a hella lot of money NOT buying anything. :ninja:

I really like this cover! Rihanna looks sexy, confident, and, most importantly, in control. I also love the orange text and think that the cut-out Gucci dress perfectly suits her. It has an elegant silhouette to make her look professional, but also the cut-out details bring an edginess that project sultriness and youth. She is showing the PERFECT amount of skin; not too much, not too little. Looking hot AND strong is the best revenge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy smokes, what a cover! I love it! :woot:

I came her expecting to be royally disappointed by yet another dreadful cover (that's how ick the January Jennifer Garner cover was -- and I love Jen, mind you), but as much as I hate to admit this of a cover featuring Rihanna, it's frakkin' gorgeous.

Now I have a very strong distaste for Rihanna. Since she released Good Girl Gone Bad, her style and music have taken a commercial and over(t)ly sexual direction that really isn't to my fancy, and the way she's dealt with the whole Chris Brown-deal has just solidified my dislike for her. And let's not even go to her recent red carpet and music video appearances. Never mind the "GaGa-inspired" outfits, it's that hair(!!!11) that kills me. Kills. Literally, murders.

And yet somehow W has pulled out a cover shot of her that I can't help but love. Her expression is perhaps a touch too angry, but the styling all around makes up for it. The colors are amazing on her, as is the gorgeous Gucci dress (which actually looks a lot better on Rihanna than the runway model, fitting-wise). I had no idea that hair could be styled in such a way that I wouldn't hate it! Now if only W would take the cover shot colors more into account in their font colors, because had the orange text and the "W" matched the photo colors, this would've been close to perfection.

That said, the inside photos don't excite me as much. I guess I'm just one of those people that prefer the majority of my photos in color, and save for the "leopard-print" head-cover shots, none of the inside photos are anything new from Rihanna. Based on the cover shot, I was really hoping for a more... well, stylized (read: clothed) shoot, but instead we get what we've pretty much gotten throughout these past two years -- a scantily-clad Rihanna. And that I've seen quite enough of already, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

don't like her hair but the dress looks lovely on her

its a nice cover and ed but i find it too similar to many of the promo shots shes done

Looking pissed does not equal fierce. i like the cover, but I'll pass on the ed.

I've gotten really used to her blonde hair by now but I think this cover could be nicer with her darker hair.

2ngeg6u.jpg

Image Credit | W Magazine and the magic of Photoshop

I feel like its a cheap ploy to gain a new readership that are probably more interested in TMZ then fashion... The whole thing feels too little too late..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->