W February 2010 : Rihanna by Craig McDean

I like the eyebrows. Boring, though.
I like that they called her a "Pop Princess." Mostly only white girls are "Pop Princesses" and black girls are "R&B Princesses" even if they're really pop singers.

Last edited by a moderator:
UGH!! death. rihanna is an icon already; i love the spread.

I dont see angry...I see sexy though. She looks in control. Such a hot cover, totally defines her!

I love Rihanna but I wish they would have done something different. It's the same old cover that they do w. everyone but Rihanna has the ability to express a lot of power through her facial expressions and movements but they made her very plain imo.

No, I think it's good. You can't compare Rihanna to Miley, one of them dresses like a goddess rockstar and the other has a walmart line. Seriously. I'm loving the spread inside, it looks like it's out of Lanvin Pre Fall 10.

Cover could be better.

i had no idea rihanna was going to be on the cover of w and when i saw her name i thought it wouldn't look good, but it actually does... i have no complaints on her but the layout :judge:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was expecting to be disappointed but I really like, borderline love everything here. The cover is sharp, strong and sexy. And I love the leopard print hat shots in the eds :heart:. Craig and (Lori, Alex?) really thought in the right direction of doing something higher end that still portrays who she is, unlike Steven Klein in Vogue Italia.

Since the remodelling last month I'm genuinely excited for W once again. Oh and sometimes I wish the retoucher at Conde Nast was in fact Luxx, that's a definite improvement.

I don't like the cover shot at all. The dress was a good choice, but the pose is bad, the hair color is awful (not entirely W's fault there), and the makeup, including that 45 degree eyebrow they've got going on, does nothing for her. TBH the whole look is more drag queen than pop princess.

The editorial is pretty good though. But I feel like all I've been seeing from W lately is B&W celeb editorials, and as much as I love classic B&W it wouldn't be entirely inappropriate to do something different.

Lori Goldstein styled the editorial...guess it's safe to say she's back working for W :woot:

I think I'm with everyone else here....the cover is so, so but the editorial pics are very strong.
I have to say that from recent evidence of her work from fashion mags Rihanna is one of the 'celebs' that I think has been fairly impressive. I really don't mind seeing her and she seems to bring something extra that some other singer/celebs don't. The blonde hair is growing on me but I prefer it darker.

she's looking very ru-paul on the cover but her ed isn't half bad.

Please Rihanna, save your revenge for the private shots :rolleyes:

Rihanna doesn't read fashion to me. She's very common with a lot of bells and whistles to make herself more over-the-top.

"looking hot is the best revenge", just made the cover worse for me. i can't even begin to imagine why rihanna would agree to put that headline up there.

sorry, rihanna is no icon. she is no where near being one. i'm still hoping she would go back to her old glamorous sexy feminine style.

The outfit isn't appealing to me, neither is the coverstar -_-

She's always so much better when she isn't opening up her mouth- to sing or speak. :innocent: And once again, W never ceases to amaze me with their heavyhanded photoshoping.

That said, I think they chose a great dress and I like her makeup. It's also a very clean cover, at least compared to most American fashion magazines.

She should really play russian roullette, I can stand her anymore!

I actually like it, which suprises me as I don't have any interest in her music, personal life and style and because it is a celebrity cover. Simple, but effective. However, the inside shots disappoint me because she is wearing all black; she looks great in white on the cover. Wearing all black (attempt to look badass? or to match the tats?) seems like such a cop out here.

Seriously, Rihanna can stop taking her shirt off now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->