W Magazine June/July 2015 : Jane Fonda by Steven Meisel

What a FABULOUS cover. Excellent and unexpected choice in cover star, so refreshing and exciting. Thrilled that Meisel shot it! So much praise for all of this, I'm loving it.

Fantastic, unexpected cover. Fonda by Meisel? Love it, and love that they let her look like herself. She is a stunning woman of substance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was impressed by the thread title before I even got to the image, which is plain, but why complicate a shot of Jane Fonda? This is a cover story about a woman who really has something to talk about in life, because she's lived one.

Jane Fonda is such an amazing woman. I'm so happy to see her on here looking amazing! To think she's about the same age Liz Taylor was when she passed away yet here she is in the complete opposite condition. Strong, beautiful, resilient! A true survivor!

Also, I think TFS is the first message board I've ever seen have a Fonda story and not have someone bring up a certain war... Yay us!

I'm not the world's biggest Jane Fonda fan, but I love seeing an older woman get a cover. Here's hoping ladies like Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Blythe Danner, etc. start getting more covers too.

What a nice surprise!!! I'm in love with Jane Fonda and her style. To me Fonda is a true icon and I'm glad to see her grace a fashion magazine. I hope this trend will stick and we see more mature ladies on the covers.

A fantastic cover. I believe she looks stunning and she should continuously flaunt all she's got. Just because she is 77 years old doesn't mean she has to obey some stupid rules which society dictates that a woman of her age should cover up and be boring. Spirit and beauty have nothing to do with age.

To me Jane Fonda has oodles of class, sophistication and elegance. This is how you look incredible for your age, not in that wretched stretched and tragic way people like Madonna try. She's beautiful and bravo W for giving her a cover.

A fantastic cover. I believe she looks stunning and she should continuously flaunt all she's got. Just because she is 77 years old doesn't mean she has to obey some stupid rules which society dictates that a woman of her age should cover up and be boring. Spirit and beauty have nothing to do with age.

i couldn't agree more. she looks stunning. :heart:

Exactly, and besides its not like she wears dresses with tons of cleavage ALL THE TIME either! :rolleyes:

But what is impressive is that she has been photographed by every major Photographer of last 5 decades, and more. Penn, Avedon.etc up to, now, Meisel!!

Ah, yes.... sexism.

Just last month Jack Nicholson was exposing himself on the cover of GQ and it was no big deal.

To me Jane Fonda has oodles of class, sophistication and elegance. This is how you look incredible for your age, not in that wretched stretched and tragic way people like Madonna try. She's beautiful and bravo W for giving her a cover.

Oh please. Jane Fonda has been under the knife more times than you've been alive. She looks incredible at 77, but her alleged class, sophistication, and elegance, have nothing to do with it. No need to drag Madonna, who is a beautiful woman in her own right at 56. Pitting women against each other does not make a valid argument. It's cheap, and reductive.

^ Yes, but unlike Madonna, Fonda never lied about her procedures, in fact she openly discussed them, still does. So i think what he meant was just that, the attitude towards aging they have is different. I don't think it was meant to pit them against each other.

Ah, yes.... sexism.

Just last month Jack Nicholson was exposing himself on the cover of GQ and it was no big deal.

To be honest I couldn't care less for labels. What I do know is that everyone should be able to express themselves freely regardless of age.

^ Yes, but unlike Madonna, Fonda never lied about her procedures, in fact she openly discussed them, still does. So i think what he meant was just that, the attitude towards aging they have is different. I don't think it was meant to pit them against each other.

I have no idea whether Jane lied about work she's had done, but it's really besides the point. She's not under any obligation to discuss her procedures, any more than Madonna or any other Hollywood star. Their attitudes on aging are exactly the same. Anyone who knows anything about Jane Fonda, and has followed the trajectory of her career knows that.

I absolutely love this cover, but the hypocrisy in some of these thread comments is hysterical.

I find your comments laughable to be perfectly honest. I in no way pitted them against each other, so perhaps it's best to not attempt to put words in my mouth?

Madonna, an example I used, has an entirely different attitude to ageing than Jane does. Madonna is desperate to be considered 'relevant' and with the 'youth' at all times, Jane is celebrating the age that she is, she may well have had surgery, but who cares? Madonna wants to be a twenty-something, Jane wants to look her best at the age she is. It's about your attitude and the way you carry yourself, with class.

I really can't be too bothered to respond again, so feel free to laugh some more at the 'hypocrisy' if you wish, I won't see it either way!

I find your comments laughable to be perfectly honest. I in no way pitted them against each other, so perhaps it's best to not attempt to put words in my mouth?

Madonna, an example I used, has an entirely different attitude to ageing than Jane does. Madonna is desperate to be considered 'relevant' and with the 'youth' at all times, Jane is celebrating the age that she is, she may well have had surgery, but who cares? Madonna wants to be a twenty-something, Jane wants to look her best at the age she is. It's about your attitude and the way you carry yourself, with class.

I really can't be too bothered to respond again, so feel free to laugh some more at the 'hypocrisy' if you wish, I won't see it either way!

Your comments are ridiculous, and have no bearing in reality. Both women are interested in looking their best at the their respective ages. In no way is Madonna trying to look twenty something. That's your projection, and the last time I checked everyone in Hollywood is striving to be relevant. Jane included. I've never met anyone who was looking to be irrelevant.

I love when people can't be bothered to respond. Snappy comebacks are difficult, when confronted with the truth.:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REN1099
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->