W Magazine June/July 2015 : Jane Fonda by Steven Meisel

Honestly, everyone else can just pack it up and go home. This is THE magazine moment of the year.

^STUNNING OMG!!! She looks breathtaking and I love how she speaks, her accent, she sorta of make you feel the words and you can picture from what she is talking about the past memories. Great video and great woman for sure :smile: I did not know about her ``sort of taking care of her image later in her career and in life´´, I assumed she always took great care of herself. It´s a very honest interview, love the style W has for their profiles, really. Can´t wait to see the editorial y´ all !

I think her activism, particularly with her stance against the Viet Nam War will never be forgotten or overlooked. By showing support for the Viet Cong, she offended and hurt many deeply-- both South Vietnamese and the Americans that fought and lost their lives during that time. I don't know if people realize how evil the Viet Cong were at the time. To many South Vietnamese, they were the equivalent to the Nazis. Of course Jane was young, naive-- and stupid, and didn't know just how corrupt the Viet Cong was, but would anyone here be so sympathetic to a former Nazi-sympathizer? I understand why and how many can't forgive her for that past.

Anyway, she looks great and sounds great in the video. So full of life and energy. The edit's alright, could be a lot more vibrant to match her energy. The cover resembles a catalogue shot to me. I mean, she looks great, and the post is decent enough, but it's just a typical shot of a beautiful woman on a white seamless. Typical catalogue shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of Americans today have very positive views about the conflict that occurred in my own country, even though it involved terrible acts. But I recognise that they don't mean personal harm to myself. People lend their sense of support to all sorts of activities and causes, for all sorts of reasons, and those reasons are often misplaced or misguided. It's how people are. It's what they do. Like so many actions, it's because they didn't know any better at the time.

Noting a few covers I've seen recently, I hope this means we could be seeing a degree of integration of older women into fashion magazines. I don't expect every cover to start featuring someone of a certain age, but it's great to have diversity, not just of skin colour, but of life experience.

Love Jane so much! She's gorgeous! Great ed and cover, however it is very wintery!

Lean Times
photographer:
Alasdair McLellan
stylist: Edward Enninful
hair: Shon Hyungsun Ju
makeup: Frankie Boyd
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-8-1542x1933.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-3-1542x1986.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-2-1542x1950.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-4-1542x1896.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-5-1542x1939.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-10-1542x1953.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-9-1542x1942.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-1542x1950.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-7-1542x1947.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-1-1542x2003.jpg
jourdan-dunn-long-lean-fashion-6-1542x1943.jpg

wmagazine.com

This editorial really belongs in a Marie Claire. It's too redundant. Jourdan looks great, and the styling looks faultless, but it's just not up to W's standards.

Meisel is just amazing. I love the cover. Total 360 from the mess W presented before this.

Giambattista Valli: Prince Charming
Photographer:
Emma Summerton
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Models: Giambattista Valli, Lee Radziwill, Vanessa Moody, Alba Clemente, Allison Williams, Astrid Holler, Alix Angjeli, Emma Summerton, Sasha Pivovarova, Allison Sarofim, Diane Kruger & Nicola Peltz
Make-Up: Francelle
Hair: Jimmy Paul

wmagazine.com

The magazine is so thin. 116 pages for a double issue? And the articles are almost nonexistent. There is another editorial with a girl called Edita with styling by Giovanna Battaglia .

I miss the great behavior of texts and materials of the old W. Those pages of "what we want " are so artificial and unnecessary

^ Maybe Meisel coming to this magazine is a good thing.

Great styling by Edward in Jourdan edit, she looks like did when she debuted. Nothing exciting content wise those besides Jane cover/editorial.

I knew you'd get all wet over this! :lol: A day later and my excitement over the cover and ed is still raging. Cannot wait to actually have this in my hands.

:lol::lol::lol: I might have to get this issue, too!!

Free Bird
Photographer:
Roe Ethridge
Stylist: Giovanna Battaglia
Model: Edita Vilkeviciute
Make-Up: Mathias van Hooff
Hair: Yannick d’Is

wearesodroee

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members