W Magazine June/July 2015 : Jane Fonda by Steven Meisel

Oh please. Jane Fonda has been under the knife more times than you've been alive. She looks incredible at 77, but her alleged class, sophistication, and elegance, have nothing to do with it. No need to drag Madonna, who is a beautiful woman in her own right at 56. Pitting women against each other does not make a valid argument. It's cheap, and reductive.

I won't bring up third parties that aren't relevant to this discussion but I will say that what I admire about Jane Fonda is she seems to strive to be the best at whatever age she's at while at the same time not trying to compete with women younger than her. She's stayed relevant by giving us all an example of what we can look like or be at the age she's at and that's far more inspiring than seeing someone reduce herself to cringeworthy moments. I support anyone's right to embarrass themselves but I sure as hell don't want to follow in their footsteps.

Oh and technically everybody only lives once. So by your measure she's had very little done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't bring up third parties that aren't relevant to this discussion but I will say that what I admire about Jane Fonda is she seems to strive to be the best at whatever age she's at while at the same time not trying to compete with women younger than her. She's stayed relevant by giving us all an example of what we can look like or be at the age she's at and that's far more inspiring than seeing someone reduce herself to cringeworthy moments. I support anyone's right to embarrass themselves but I sure as hell don't want to follow in their footsteps.

As you proceed to do just that.:rolleyes:

Madonna is the Queen of pop. Jane is not.
Comparing them, and where they're at in their lives and careers is pointless. Not only because Jane is old enough to be her mother.
There are no set rules to aging, and all women should be free to make their own choices, that are valid for them. That's feminism. Dragging one woman to make the other one look good, only reflects your own "issues".

You should also look up the word relevant, because I don't think you really know what it means.

The most noticeable difference in Madonna v Fonda pictures is that you won´t find a wrinkle in Madonna´s... I can´t say whether that´s a decision made by magazines or Madonna herself. I think that´s what people are refering to when they say Madonna won´t act her age.

As you proceed to do just that.:rolleyes:

You should also look up the word relevant, because I don't think you really know what it means.

Why is Jane on the cover of W and Debbie Reynolds not? Yes she may not be omnipresent in pop culture like Rihanna but she's certainly still relevant. And the beauty of it all is that she's proven you don't necessarily have to desperately try to complete with the Rihanna's of the world to land on W's cover. That should be a huge pointer for some others. There, there no need to gross out drake to make headlines.

Why is Jane on the cover of W and Debbie Reynolds not? Yes she may not be omnipresent in pop culture like Rihanna but she's certainly still relevant. And the beauty of it all is that she's proven you don't necessarily have to desperately try to complete with the Rihanna's of the world to land on W's cover. That should be a huge pointer for some others. There, there no need to gross out drake to make headlines.

Madonna is a pop star, making pop music.
She's not competing with Rihanna, she's responsible for Rihanna.
Madonna paved the way for her, and every female pop star, who came after her. She doesn't need help landing on the cover of W, or any other magazine. Never has, never will.

Drake invited Madonna onto his stage, to perform with him.
He wrote a very sexual song about her. He was hardly grossed out by a beautiful woman kissing him.

let's keep this thread to the subject at hand and not get personal...
off topic conversations should be taken to pm's...

i adore this cover not only because it is simply gorgeous but because jane fonda is all the things that are listed on the cover next to her name...

i just can't take my eyes off of this! she makes a great cover star. there's a been a ton of photoshop done here but you can't deny jane's grace that's worth more than anything.

^ Me too, I keep coming back hoping their is more images. I love this cover more hearing what Jane had to say about it her experience shooting with Meisel. Which I think is most important, he really captured an essence and poise.

I hope there is more Meisel inside, I find his work with W more exciting than VI now days.

This is some real Meisel Magic! This is everything! I'm so thrilled with it.

This is how a truly star looks. She killed it. SUCH A DIVA!!!
Love love love love, even more the fact Meisel shoot it :heart:

In the six photo have the same pose , so boring

I hate it. I find Jane Fonda tacky and desperate in general, and this cover confirms it. I would have been perfectly content without seeing her boobs ever again. But it seems she is not capable of that. You are almost 80. Have some class and dignity and act your age for a change.

***Edited***

that said, I loove the cover. Tyra would be proud of her posture shes giving some serious neck. The seriousness works with the Jetset tagline

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely unexpected but that's why it's so amazing. It's everything that's been missing in fashion publications lately. A big surprise with a fantastic cover featuring a TRUE cover star photographed by the only photographer that could do justice to such an icon.

It's so refreshing. Of course most of us are a bit biased because it's Jane Fonda, because it's by Meisel but mostly because we're constantly fed with the same things. ( same models, pop-stars , celebrities... ) So why not just sit down , forget the polemics and enjoy the moment.

HOT DIGGITY! Awesome collaboration between Meisel & Fonda! Love the cover and love love love the edit!

Moderators' Note:

Several posts edited. or removed.

Please refrain from insulting each other. We love lively discussions and it's OK to disagree and explain why ... but you may not show disrespect towards other members and their opinions.

HOT DIGGITY! Awesome collaboration between Meisel & Fonda! Love the cover and love love love the edit!

I knew you'd get all wet over this! :lol: A day later and my excitement over the cover and ed is still raging. Cannot wait to actually have this in my hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REN1099
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->