W December 2016 : Barbra Streisand by Steven Meisel

I don't get why photographers insist on putting that much photoshop on Naomi. I mean she's not Kate, she still looks as good as ever.

Some of the pics are kinda Meisel-ish.

Seeing those shots of Naomi makes me fantasise about a modern-day Vogue Italia shoot with Meisel, but what I'm really remembering is cover stories circa 1990.

Love the styling in Naomi´s ed (though I hate those contacts with a passion!), I think that Edward is one of those people who can do no wrong in my eyes :wub:

Photoshopped to the max and I think I spot acne on the close-up, but I cannot help but wonder how much better Naomi would have been for VI's shape issue instead of Lara. This woman's body consistently leaves me speechless. This is what I love about her, a simple shoot with loads of false hair becomes instantly memorable merely by her presence.

And after being sick to death of those Vetements boots, I'm suddenly enamored by them. Bring on that British Vogue cover!

With this Naomi editorial, I can absolutely look over the horrible cover. Maybe I'm out of touch, but why is Barbra Streisand relevant right now? I get she's an icon, but anything specific in December or January for her? I literally would choose any of Naomi's photos over her's for the cover.

With this Naomi editorial, I can absolutely look over the horrible cover. Maybe I'm out of touch, but why is Barbra Streisand relevant right now? I get she's an icon, but anything specific in December or January for her? I literally would choose any of Naomi's photos over her's for the cover.

I feel like Barbra Streisand is one of those celebrities who's such an icon that she's eternally relevant, but to answer your question - according to my research she released a new album this year and is currently on tour for it. So, I guess she's promoting that.

Ugh. The Naomi editorial. It's as cliche as it gets. Edward being a big fangirl.

The only shot that caught my attention was the one with the Vetements boots. Good styling there! Seeing those ubiquitous shoes in a new light is refreshing and Naomi wears them well!

Otherwise, the rest is so standard fare...haven't we seen this Naomi editorial a million times already? Or is this just the CGI clone of her that does all the work these days? The photoshopping is obnoxious! She doesn't look real! And what is that blonde Martha Washington wig?

This magazine continues to amaze in how dated and clueless it all is.

To Denmark, With Love
Photographer: Tim Walker
Stylist: Jacob K
Hair: Gary Gill
Makeup: Thomas de Kluyver
Models: Freja Beha Erichsen, Wilbert Grue, Ulrikke Høyer, Louis Parker, Freja Sørensen, Olivia Therese, Tobias Tybjerg, Matilde, Ville Sydfors, Victor Brøchner, Aske Hyldborg, Amalie Moosgaard, Cecilie Moosgaard, Christian, Kai, Eddie, Marius, Noah Aamund, Vincent Beier, Caroline Clante, Laura Hagested, Vickie Mansaray, Konstantin Neergaard,Ellen Ryberg, Helena Christensen, Eljas Gundel, Malthe Ørsted, Mingus Reedus

W Digital Edition

All the celebrity-power, and contributions from the top people in the fashion industry don’t mean sh*t when there’s a total lack of fresh creativity and a determined, distinct vision. Tonchi proves this time and time again, and amazingly brings out the weakest aspect in any photographer. It’s all so random and stale, like the isles at some Saks Off 5th outlet. Like American Vogue, American W is not even worth downloading/picking up for free.

And god, is that Tim edit useless— just the same “surreal” crap he continues to recycle over and over, down to the poses and compositions, just this time, it’s in Denmark. Still waiting for him to make an effort to even come close to Far, Far From Land shoot…

I think Walker sold Denmark short here, but I'll understand that his was never going to be a literal interpretation of one if the Arctic circle's most elusive cultures. He's normally quite expansive, not sure what happened. But I still admire his global infatuation, it's certainly more interesting for me than shooting royals or turning models into household name with one cover.

Freja is without a doubt the highlight here!

That Denmark story is bad.. I find just CPH and its surroundings much more beautiful at every angle and photogenic than.. other places (like Paris, NY) but they tried to comprehend so much and somehow we end up with a bunch of i-Desque portraits, Freja (the Tivoli of fashion), a promising shot of a not credited "local ballet school" that never materializes, and the standard Tim Walker shoes/studio complimentary shots, plus random street shot worth of google streetview.

.. that's a red flag, Jacob.. :innocent::lol:

I would have loved Walker to do something around fairy tales... for heaven's sake it is Andersen's country and he is so good and creating magical scenes... as much as I am happy to see Helena and her stunning son and the puppy featured in this editorial I can't help but find it random... It just doesn't fit the mood of the rest of the editorial...

Naomi's editorial is a bit of a hit and miss for me... some shots are stunning but even the stunning ones feel like I've seen them before... but doesn't the entire fashion world evoke this feeling these days... I cannot believe they used the 10th shot... she looks awful on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic issue of W! This is Klein's best editorial in months. Finally, no gaudy filters. And Walker's edit is stunning as well! Meisel's is the weakest here.

Love the chaos and fairy tale underline of Tim's editorial. Although not quite style-wise in tact with Denmark I find it to be the strongest in the issue. Naomi on the other hand looks amazing with the blond wig, on the other hand her eyes look unreal almost frog-like in some images.

There are images missing from Walker's ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obsessed with Barbra's book. I read some inteview for a local mag and they talked about this cover. She feelt at the time that at this point she can be sexy and show some skin unlike her early years as an actress. The famous you only live once, it's never late 😊 lift my spirit when I read it. I love her even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REN1099
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->