W June 2006: Madonna

robster16 said:
here is the cover:

Thanks for the cover! Glad the shoot was good! and seeing 3rd pic, i believe she still remain wild.. :innocent: good for her :flower:

I am definitely intrigued by this issue, the cover is great and the ed looks interesting and creative. Thanks for posting!:flower: It's a nice break as the last few issues had some boring content in term of celebrity coverage - especially the last two :sick:

yes, i love this cover!! madonna is great. ANYTIME better than a lindsay, or jessica......madonna can still give them a run for their money, for sure.

god! i adore madonna, when she's doing music, when she's in magazines it's terrible. they couldn't use more photoshop if they tried.

finally a cool madonna shooting.. thanks for bringing this in robster :flower:
BUT agreed, her back is seriously creepy

two more pics from the editorial and the introduction that will accompany it:

12_small.jpg

10_small.jpg

As any equestrian worth her jodhpurs can tell you, the relationship between a woman and her horse transcends the boundaries of sport. There's often lovesick devotion involved (witness the bedroom walls of many 12-year-old girls, where photos of Arabians crowd out the boyband posters) and at times even a touch of the erotic (Lady Godiva, anyone?). When the woman in question is Madonna, one can expect the dynamic to get even more complicated. All of this was made clear when the 47-year-old, an avid horsewoman, took to a Hollywood soundstage with six stallions and photographer Steven Klein. It had been seven months since the riding accident that left her with multiple fractures, but the resulting 58-page portfoliowhich represents the pop icon's second collaboration with Klein for Wdemonstrates that her passion for the species remains unchecked. Unafraid, leather-clad and in the best shape of her life, the material girl, whose Confessions tour kicks off in Los Angeles on May 21, was ready to take the reins.

taken from www.drownedmadonna.com

that cover looks crazy cool... i do have a problem with so many celebrities on the cover of fashion magazines but W, and V still keep the fashion element ... this was well done once again

The cover is great!And i agree that you cant put Madonna and Jessica S,Lindsay Lohan and others in the same leage!
The last picture of her back freaked me out!

good art direction on the cover to show madge at a bit of a distance if you get my drift!!

:ninja:

Very nice cover, and the ed is intriguing. If only W had better articles it would surpass Vogue.

I don't like the clothes but I'm in love with the second picture where Madonna is lying on the horse. I adore it! Cover however feels flat and somewhat out of order, body + head wise.

**Edit**
I love the last picture! WoW!

Last edited by a moderator:
58 pictures does sound insane though, perhaps some are half a page and such.
21_small.jpg

nice cover tho the ed sucks, am fed up of her wearin her undies all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1212
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->