W June 2006: Madonna

Spacemiu said:
She's copying Alison Goldfrapp (again)
yeah! it seems familar but she looks still good those pic. 58 pages omg.

right, you mean Alison Goldfrapp hasn't been copying Madonna for the last 2 to 3 years???

madonna in 2000:

jull_701.jpg

alison goldfrapp in 2005:

oll_video_06.jpg

madonna in 2003:

010.jpg

alison goldfrapp in 2006:

Goldfrappnumber1musicvideo.jpg

Madonna has never been very original, really. She's a great business woman and a re-inventor of herself, but she's constantly ripping off everyone else.

I have to admit, I like the editorial, much better than the 2003 one. I also like her back, even though it is fugly, I think it looks kind of beautiful in that editorial. But like somebody already said, she's always wearing outfits like that. And if I'd be a subscriber to W I wouldn't want to receive a magazine full of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
robster16 said:
right, you mean Alison Goldfrapp hasn't been copying Madonna for the last 2 to 3 years???

She obviously inffluenced by early Madonna, but Madonna's current disco revival is clearly taken from Goldfrapp.

Like WhiteLinen said, she has neve rbeen original, but good at taking up trends and copying lesser known people. In the 80's she copied downtown punk girls, then she copied bjork in the 90's, now alison.

cool W cover!
btw, i didn't know that madonna smoke!?

KKnardi said:
cool W cover!
btw, i didn't know that madonna smoke!?

could be just for the editorial..happens a lot.
though i know she smoked during the 90's and such.
and i thought i read somewhere she smoked gauloises in the studio while making american life..

^ Come to think of it, the angelina-brad edition also had really lot of their eds right ? I think this one gonna be like that too :smile:

i think the pictures are amazing, and i dont like madonna. mostly the pictures where she and hte horses are outside

Spacemiu said:
She obviously inffluenced by early Madonna, but Madonna's current disco revival is clearly taken from Goldfrapp.

Like WhiteLinen said, she has neve rbeen original, but good at taking up trends and copying lesser known people. In the 80's she copied downtown punk girls, then she copied bjork in the 90's, now alison.
madonna is almost 50 years old...
she was around for the origins of disco...:lol:...
i don't see how she can be copying someone who wasn't even there and is obviously copying other people who WERE there in the 70's...

anyway...if this disco thing she is doing (and not for the first time either) is influenced by goldfrapp...then i agree...
she should stop immediately - cause it SUCKS...imho...

:ninja:

thank goodness the theme of the shoot is not like that-
looks good from these pics-
and the cover is beautiful...:heart:

I like what I see thus far..

Perhaps Im biased; after all, I grew up LOVING Madonna..but there's no doubt about it: Stephen Klein is a wonder photographer, and Madonna has always been very very photogenic, so such a combination translates into beautiful pictures, IMHO..Besides, isnt this better than that recent edit w/ her in her British estate?

Regarding Madonna "copying" others..well, I can see both sides here..One on hand, yes, Madonna has copied others, but lets not forget others who have copied Madonna..Madonna went thru this professional phase where she showed us, the public, her "naughty", more sexual side, and now look at other performers who do the same thing now (Janet, Sheryl Crow even)..its just that Madonna did it, well, better..

But thats totally off-topic, which I apologize for..we're talking about the magazine, right??

Anyways..kinda on the same lines as Madonna "copying"..here's a pic of Will Chalker from a PAST edition of some other magazine..look familiar??

(modelhommes.com)

Attachments

• HauteErotisme2.jpg
    HauteErotisme2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 24
Another star versus star debate. How fun. You could always create a Madonna V. Goldfrapp thread.

But anyways, back to W...

I love the pictures. I've always been obsessed with horses since I was little and the ones used in this editorial are unbelievable. Forget Madonna. The horses steal the show, imo. So beautiful. . the photographer is amazing.. capturing the tension between human and beast. Loove it. Lavves it. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1212
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->