W Magazine March 2009 : Madonna by Steven Klein

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by robster16, Feb 9, 2009.

1. cottonmouth13

cottonmouth13 Well-Known Member

when we will see the contents? btw, when will this be released?

2. TheGlassAngel

TheGlassAngel VSFS 2009!

The editorial is surprising good :shock:

3. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Yes, sex with a powerful person will always have a degree of something disquieting about it, in any storyline where there's an older, richer woman/man with younger flesh, you're always wondering what the real motivations are, on either side.

But it's also exciting, this power play - and from time immemorial, younger men have sought the sexual company of older women, it's certainly not a modern phenomenon, despite what the magazine articles would have anyone think.

I love it, it's the best Madonna shoot I've seen for some time.

4. fer19dog

fer19dog Well-Known Member

The ediorial is amazing..... 46 pages? Wow can't wait for more Jesus:D

5. plasticky

plasticky New Member

Really brilliant... and now we're knowing why and how the affair between Madonna and Jesus started...xx

6. vavavinny

vavavinny Well-Known Member

I have to say I love what I see: pure, unsaturated Newton-esque sex and glamour. Honestly, I have become annoyed with Madonna and thinks she's beginning to look like a monster, but she looks amazing in these shots. It is very early 90's Madonna. When she looked her best! I can't wait to get this issue.

7. kwikspell

kwikspell New Member

Does anyone else find it kind of sad that people think it's disgusting for an older woman to frolic about with a bunch of much younger men but people probably wouldn't say the same if it were an older man with much younger women?

I'm no Madonna fan, but I say good for her! Why should getting older force her to turn conservative? She looks better than a lot of women half her age.

8. vavavinny

And Jesus is god-like! Those tiger-like eyes just melted me.

9. vavavinny

The one shot of her in ecclesiastical black and white with a cross necklace is pure Madonna. Does she always have to make an attack on the Catholic church!?!

10. audreyh

audreyh New Member

why did they have to do this with Madonna's legs on the cover shot? i know the photoshop plastify tool is kind of total obsession, but maybe they should keep it a bit real?:unsure::huh:

Couldn't agree more. That image is ridiculous - Madonna's thighs look nothing like that. Shame on whoever did that digital imaging. As for the shoot itself, it's a poor man's Justify my Love - sorry, Mr Klein.

11. Bespoke Style

Bespoke Style New Member

rreooww madonna is super human

12. magnolia59

magnolia59 New Member

amazing cover

13. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

i just love how everybody loves madonna around here

14. surrealseven

surrealseven Active Member

Guess someone at W leaked the March issue too early,
    the spread was removed from the site :shifty:

15. LetThemEatCake

LetThemEatCake New Member

I'm afraid I dont quite understand...I dont see the attacking she's doing, just because she's wearing a cross around her neck? :unsure: She's always used symbols of religion in her work.

Surrealseven, that's hilarious. Thanks for whoever snagged these before they were removed!! :flower:

16. Bahiyya

Bahiyya Active Member

Madonna doesn't look much of anything like any of the W pictures including the cover. That's partly why everyone loves it and why I, for once, am overtly grateful to whoever created Photoshop. Who would really want to see Madonna doing this kind of ed without severe airbrushing :lol:? (Well, I would, but it would be another kind of ed all together.)

17. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Ok, so I saw the thread and the cover girl and I gotta say I was ready to be disappointed and a little bit pissed. Not to mention that I've had more than enough of Steven Klein.

But it's good, certainly nothing new or even that interesting, but an appropriate reminder of why Madonna is where she is today....and a hell of a lot more interesting than the Vuitton ads.

18. vavavinny

Attack was not the right word. I meant to say she was playing with religious roles. There is no denying that the dress is very reminiscent of a nun's uniform. And I think it is intended. Not that I have any problems with it. I actually love the editorial. It's so Newton, an aesthetic that Klein has been playing around with a lot lately.

19. helmut.newton

helmut.newton New Member

This is so boring and unimaginative. Are they serious with this? Madonna in a terrible peroxide-wig frolicking around a hotel room with models?

And the use of the nude male models is so pretentious, no? They're trying to add controversy by injecting the spread with some sexuality but in the end it just looks ridiculous.

I'm so sick of Madonna trying to be controversial ALL the time. It gets tired after a while; especially with the proliferation of editorials like this and her other numerous self-promotion tactics.

Besides this is not fashion at all. It's a shameless attempt on W's behalf to create controversy and up their sales, instead of staying faithful to their fashion context.

This whole issue is just sad to me, and I don't get why people are swooning over the Madonna spread.

20. vavavinny

There is certainly nothing fresh or imaginative about the editorial- it is a strict Newton blueprint, the usual W-trying-to-shock-the-masses. But it's not all that bad. At least Madonna looks half-ways descent!