W Magazine March 2009 : Madonna by Steven Klein

what a fantastic pictorial! although i wish jesus luz (the male model) didnt have his name tattooed on his back...it makes him look cheesy.

i really love this...the cover and the handwriting..although..her legs looks weird
if there's another eds..now that's a plus one

I like the main ed, she's smoking in almost every picture... ^_^
hot male models

exceptionally hot although extensive airbrushing has been done to make her look so young.

Ehhhh not as bad as VI but I still don't get the hype, it's so typical of the both of them (and I usually like Klein). Hope the other eds (if there are any, are better)

omg this ageism makes me feel sick... let's not forget we will all age and some of us will not be willing to accept this... and there's nothing wrong about it... they airbush Kate Moss like mad as well but what? that's alright... we don't want to see her look bad... so I dont want to see Madge look bad either... and I think in her 50ies she looks much better than many famous and here favorite women in their 20ies or 30ies... dah...

^^ No. No, she doesn't ^_^. Not even Lindsay Lohan. (She's definitely fit FOR 50 year old and fitter than half the globe but besides that....) Frankly, I'd prefer it if Madonna worked with her age -- they'll always be photoshop but use some restraint -- and used it to try a different more interesting editorial that takes her to a new level instead of rehashing worn out paths. That showed her being sexual without having to resort to 20+ year old starlet antics (that she wrote the book on over a decade ago). As it is she's about as ageist as everyone else since she thinks she has to look 20 years younger to roll around with a model (who is bopping the real her so what's the issue?) in a magazine. Or she could at least requested a two-fer like Monaco in December Paris Vogue so we'd have the somewhat more real, less "pretty" ed alongside, the polished, packaged image.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Bahiyya, i think Madonna looks great aswell, seen all the candids of her from the tour, the HQ ones and she looks fantastic even without airbrushing, and i agree with KissMIss she looks better than other famous women in their 30s, of course its all subjective at the end of the day. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so boring and unimaginative. Are they serious with this? Madonna in a terrible peroxide-wig frolicking around a hotel room with models?

And the use of the nude male models is so pretentious, no? They're trying to add controversy by injecting the spread with some sexuality but in the end it just looks ridiculous.

I'm so sick of Madonna trying to be controversial ALL the time. It gets tired after a while; especially with the proliferation of editorials like this and her other numerous self-promotion tactics.

Besides this is not fashion at all. It's a shameless attempt on W's behalf to create controversy and up their sales, instead of staying faithful to their fashion context.

This whole issue is just sad to me, and I don't get why people are swooning over the Madonna spread.

I concur.

I'm not bothered by the airbrushing - there'll be plenty of teenage/twentysomething celebs who need extensive touch-ups owing to bad skin. And we all know what age Madonna is, she doesn't lie about it like innumerable other female celebrities.

She does what she wants and doesn't give a damn what people say, only that they're still looking.

I'm not bothered by the airbrushing - there'll be plenty of teenage/twentysomething celebs who need extensive touch-ups owing to bad skin. And we all know what age Madonna is, she doesn't lie about it like innumerable other female celebrities.

She does what she wants and doesn't give a damn what people say, only that they're still looking.

exactly! many women should really thank her for her ''express yourself...." I think she was inspiration to many woman and gave them courage to be confident about themselve...

I am so getting this issue...since I miss the last big one she did with Madonna.

:heart:

I don't really find Madonna or Jesus interesting, together or apart. Honestly, this editorial kinda just grosses me out. What is she trying to prove, that life after divorce is fabulous? Look at my hot male model boyfriend. Ooh la la.

I get it, but it's boring.

exceptionally hot although extensive airbrushing has been done to make her look so young.

what should we expect if even 16 years old models are photoshoped to hell. :lol:

I love Madonna but this ed ......... :yuk:

Madge is ****ing amazing! im so glad to see sophiticated good work from steven klein! his last d&g story was a bit meh.

Madonna is the best!
I cant wait to get mi issue!
Its an orgasm for the eyes! hahahaa

i am actually really quite loving this. she looks so good.

& the cover is a refreshing change - love the pink font!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->