W Magazine Volume #5 2023 : Sofia Coppola by Steven Meisel

Stunning. This sort of cinematic and intimate editorial direction he's taken recently is doing wonders for me personally, I am obsessed with this! This shot below is a standout.

4a55ebab-85ff-4ec8-a467-b624e2b3c0f9-sme_23019_0020_042_b_v3_qc_r300.jpg

W Magazine

I like that it´s not the usual Meisel portrait, feels very W imo :smile:

Stunning. This sort of cinematic and intimate editorial direction he's taken recently is doing wonders for me personally, I am obsessed with this! This shot below is a standout.

4a55ebab-85ff-4ec8-a467-b624e2b3c0f9-sme_23019_0020_042_b_v3_qc_r300.jpg

W Magazine

The entire shoot is glorious. I’m hugely biased, as a Sofia stan, but the pairing of her with Meisel always works.

Oh good LORD this is absolutely divine, an absolute delight and a total feast for the eyes. Fantastic to see Sofia Coppola and even more so to reunite with Steven Meisel. These are people at the top of their game, and it shows. What a dream team. Those photographs of Sofia are heavenly, love the haaaaaair, the makeup, the Chanel, the lighting, the atmosphere... you name it.

Major kudos to Sara Mooves at W Magazine for absolutely smashing it lately! Two fantastic issues in a row.

As has been said already on this page, glorious! She works so well in front of his lens. Ignoring my current (or ever fluctuating?) Meisel obsession, which also extends to his collaboration with a certain high-street brand, I'm so gassed to see Karl styling magazine shoots again. Even if it seems that all his work this year involves black clothes and jewellery, it's not a bad look!

Sara once again proves that when she harnesses her energy into making W feel like a fashion magazine, she's does a great job. Time to leave the trashy attempts at fashion shoots by blockbuster film directors behind now.

These images will really look wonderful in print, especially with W's current paper :heartsuit:.

This is so good. It reminds me of the first Sofia cover for Vogue Italia (by Meisel too of course) in 1992.
She brings here her Italian roots, the dignified mature woman she is now. Giving Silvana Mangano vibes in Teorema by Pasolini. Or Annouk Aimee in La Dolce Vita.

W's publishing schedule is wild to me. They will go for an eternity without posting making people think they're nearly out of business and then they drop 85 issues in a span of a couple weeks. Then disappear.

I don't think we should be giving any credit to Moonves. Clearly this new direction is the work of W's new Creative Directors Kevin Tekinel and Charles Levai who were brought on in July.

I don't think we should be giving any credit to Moonves. Clearly this new direction is the work of W's new Creative Directors Kevin Tekinel and Charles Levai who were brought on in July.

How far in advance do issues close? The September issue was already on newsstands by Labor Day weekend, I don’t know if people who started their positions in July can take responsibility for the content in that issue. Even this cover was almost certainly planned and potentially shot before they assumed their roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuttinthru
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->