W Magazine Volume #5 2023 : Sofia Coppola by Steven Meisel

Picked up another copy yesterday, one to read, one to keep for posterity lol

It's amazing how easily impressed I am these days. But the Tim Walker shoot is just genuinely great. All the more impactful because I've just seen a John Singer Sargent exhibit focusing on the fashion in his portraits, this feels like a good companion piece.

Has anyone bought W in the UK? I'm passing by Whsmith almost every day but nothing, can anyone tell me the release date?

Love the photography and color-blocking in "Easy Does It" by Alasdair McLellan. The editorial just pops in print.

I bought it today , guys, Tim Walker's shoot with Tilda is indescribable, I think it's his best work in a few years, everything is perfect, the involvement of Sandy Powell who I love madly, she should also work as a fashion editor full time

My copy from the newsstand was (or is) a bit bashed up on the binding, but it didn't matter once I flicked through. I was surprised by how well everything flows from page to page/story to story. Once you've been taken in by the mega-watt glamour of Meisel's pictures of Coppola, you almost expect to be ambivalent to what follows, or at least I did, given that I'm no Tim Walker fan at all and the two fashion stories seemed unremarkable on initial online first looks. I found myself appreciating Tilda's 'Ophelia' references, the shot of Mona in Valentino where she's giving off a Naomi aura and the smoky haze of Pavarotti's editorial. So kudos from me. I think Moonves is getting better and better and I can only hope the upward trajectory continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->