Waistpieces F/W 07.08

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of big waistpieces lately. Wether they're bustiers of some sort or exaggerated, highplaced belts, the waist has this season's accent. Some examples:

Balmain | Bruno Pieters

00010m.jpg
00030m.jpg

Burberry Prorsum

00400m.jpg
00370m.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana

00010m.jpg
00700m.jpg

Thanks for posting Mr-Dale!

However....
Aw man! Not again, I'm so tired of waist-belt-things. :(

^ i know what you mean butit seems like its going to stick around for a while. Anywho i lovethe big jewel on the Fendi belt.

This is always a trend I like as I like to emphasise my waist. I love the one with the padlocks & might customise something similar as I have a pair of boots with padlocks!

I'm glad this trend isn't tired yet. I really love the corset type belts with pants (to make them appear high waisted), and pencil skirts.

The only ones I like are the Dolce corsets.

I'm kind of sick of the belted waist thing at this point....couldn't the designers just tailor the clothes to fit through the waist and let people make their own styling choices?

The artist formely known as big belts, eh... go for the full waspie/corset says I, and stop messing with these freakish lovespawn of multitudinous loins.

i like the missonis:

style.com
00010m.jpg
00030m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00180m.jpg

i like the 3 geometric ones better than that one diamond-shaped one...i think they're more interesting.

Wow, those Missoni ones look so fragile!

Vivienne Westwood

00400m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00410m.jpg

style

Some of these emphasise in all the wrong way though , the Burberry on the right looks terrible same with Balenciaga too angular but maybe that's a futurism waist haha I don't know. Vivienne does it best.

there are definitely a lot of these around.. good trendspotting Mr-Dale!

these are basically bringing back the hour-glass shape that was lost in a lot of the waist-less dresses that were shown in the last few seasons...

i've noticed this trend & i really like it but i dont think i could pull it off.
i have a bit broad shoulders & narrow hips (a la lily donaldson but not that much maybe).. do u think i could pull it off?

Those ones by Missoni are interesting. Perfect for jazzing up a plain ensemble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamal2isgood
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->