Wanted: A Good-looking Audience

seasecrets

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Wanted: A Good-looking Audience[/SIZE][/FONT]
If you're going to be in the audience of Oprah Winfrey's talk show, it pay to look your best. During a recent taping with George Clooney, Oprah and her staffers rearranged the seating, removing people who weren't dressed to the nines from the front rows. "The audience seats are on a first-come, first-get basis, but Oprah apparently wanted George to look out at a sea of well-dressed people," one audience member revealed. "She moved the front two rows to other seats and filled them with attractive members of her staff."

http://insidetv.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah. Very interesting.

A girl friend and I went to a taping of the Oprah show last year, and this seems to be pretty common on ALL episodes (though, not replacing audience members with staff...)... I think they DO want the better dressed folks in the front...

Just goes to show you how important dressing nice is.

It could just be because I'm a fashion design major, but I hate it when people go to class in pajamas.

Not saying you should look like you going to a formal, but let's try not to look like you just rolled out of bed. Let's the professor know, and not to mention everyone else, that you could care less about the class.

Her audience always looks like a bunch of Stepford wives - it's really creepy!

If I went to her show,I would wear nice clothes.... I don't understand how scruffy some people can be these days....

Who wouldn't wear nice clothes knowing they were going to be on tv?

my mom was in the dr. phil audience once and the same thing happened. they put all the young pretty ppl i nthe front

^ Ha I don't quite know what to say ..just that it doesn't seem fair to those who came first but weren't so well-dressed :innocent:

fashionicon said:
Just goes to show you how important dressing nice is.

It could just be because I'm a fashion design major, but I hate it when people go to class in pajamas.

Not saying you should look like you going to a formal, but let's try not to look like you just rolled out of bed. Let's the professor know, and not to mention everyone else, that you could care less about the class.

:lol: Ye, perhaps a fashion class....but honey I hate to break it to you but ppl who don't dress nice all the time are usually more focused on other things....such as for instance the reading material for the class...or thinking or something unimportant like that :innocent:

Anyway, as for Oprah and Dr Phil, perhaps they should start with improving themselves instead - sounds like they're overcompensating their own ugliness with their audience. Corny....

well some guests might not have nice enough clothes for the front row, it's a little mean to shunt them backwards but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles... at least now we know why the people in the front are always so flippin' manic.

I find that a bit hypocritical,seeing she always claims to be about self-love,self-acceptance,helping your spirit grow and all sorts of related drivel.

I love beautiful clothes as much as the next person (and probably more than),but this is just shallow.

But then fortunately,I had never mistaken her for a sincere person,so on the whole it really doesn't matter to me.

I do however feel sorry for those who take all that trouble to go and see their heroine,only to find that they don't look good enough for her.:lol:

masquerade said:
my mom was in the dr. phil audience once and the same thing happened. they put all the young pretty ppl i nthe front

then why is dr. phil still front and center? :woot:

I've actually been to the Oprah show and when they call you to give you your ticket info they tell you how you should dress and NOT to wear white.

Once you get there you are in this large waiting room... they come on over the speakers to tell you that they are about to begin filling the auidence... they call 2 groups of names that have been hand selected by the producers of the show to sit in certain areas of the audience (basically areas where you will be seen on tv). They basically say "Don't worry if your name is not called, our producers hand select these people". Then after that is done, everyone just files in and it's each man/woman for themselves to get a good seat. My girlfriend and I were selected to sit in the second row:woot: ... we nearly touched Oprah.

But she has always said that she has the best looking auidence^_^

you will also note that one all of her shows that are about "What to Wear" or "What Not to Wear", all the ladies from the audience who have uhh...lack of style.. are seated in the back. All the audience that gets complimented on wearing the right sort of outfit for their body are towards the front. Coincidence? I think not.

iluvjeisa said:
:lol: Ye, perhaps a fashion class....but honey I hate to break it to you but ppl who don't dress nice all the time are usually more focused on other things....such as for instance the reading material for the class...or thinking or something unimportant like that :innocent:

Anyway, as for Oprah and Dr Phil, perhaps they should start with improving themselves instead - sounds like they're overcompensating their own ugliness with their audience. Corny....

Yeah, but someone who was really prepared for class would have read the material, and would have woken up early enough to throw on jeans, a tee shirt and perhaps sneakers, instead of say,slippers. It can be done. Take it from me.:innocent:

And I'm kind of shock that you are on this forum dowining fashion, hence your sarcastic tone.

Who said you have to dress nice all the time? Just when it counts.

Alot can be said about the way you look.

masquerade said:

That is what they do. My friend and I were placed in the front row... we're pretty young... and were also dressed for the occasion. It's amazing what some people wear to these tapings... I just don't see anyting wrong with wanting that.

fashionicon said:

Not at all, I have never understood that. Pajamas are for the home... not for outdoors... I'm pretty liberal in what people choose to wear. But, I have to admit, it always irked me when students did this. :rolleyes:

fashionicon said:
Yeah, but someone who was really prepared for class would have read the material, and would have woken up early enough to throw on jeans, a tee shirt and perhaps sneakers, instead of say,slippers. It can be done. Take it from me.:innocent:

And I'm kind of shock that you are on this forum dowining fashion, hence your sarcastic tone.

Who said you have to dress nice all the time? Just when it counts.

Alot can be said about the way you look.

I'm sure you can - but that doesn't mean that you know your material better or that you have more respect for the other students (or the teacher). It just means that you want to look good for your own sake/confidence. Some people may not need that - and in my opinion they're no worse than you.

I just think that judging people by the way they look regarding matters where looks is irrelevant (such as art, science, whatever) is plain ridiculous. But considering that you are a fashion student it may have some relevance. Since I'm studying science, it seems pretty corny to me, you know?

Again, fashion isn't my business, it's just fun for me - so I care about it when I feel like it. It was just the idea of someone coming to an advanced maths class and being looked down upon for their outfit that I just find....errrr...lets say appaling.:wink:

Anyway, I'm the kind of person who can turn my critical eye on or off - and I only notice when my colleagues have nice outfits on, never the reverse...I try to ignore unattractive or boring things as a general rule, which doesn't mean that I ignore an unattractive person, I just ignore everything unattractive about them and focus on the good stuff. This can sometimes lead to some pretty rude awakenings, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a common practice in Talk Shows - some Shows even arrange the audience by the coloures of the clothes they wear and yes, they also fill empty seats with their good-looking Staff Members (I know that because a friend of mine works for the biggest german Production Company of Talk Shows).

But hey, what is real in the Media? I once even had a "job" as "Fan" (I was paid 60 Euro just to cheer for a Celebrity on the red carpet).

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->