What do you think about the blazer/shorts look for men?

dallaslee

Reaction score
hi there guys and gals.

i've been seeing the trend of guys wearing blazers/ jackets with shorts. i would love to hear what the world thinks about this trend. i'm not so sure about it .

dallaslee said:
hi there guys and gals.

i've been seeing the trend of guys wearing blazers/ jackets with shorts. i would love to hear what the world thinks about this trend. i'm not so sure about it .

It was big in alot of the menswear shows for SS 07.

I kind of like the look, but not sure I personally could pull it off on the streets. But I'd be willing to give it a go.

what kind of climate would this look be best suited (pardon the pun) for?

00010f.jpg

Climate? Well probably for hotter climates in the evenings. Depending on material used. The one above is alessandro della'acqua and sourced from gqstyle.com

well i know around here (texas) it'd be too hot to even think about wearing a blazer outside.

^john galliano or below vivienne westwood's interpretation
035.jpg

djork said:
well i know around here (texas) it'd be too hot to even think about wearing a blazer outside.
Spose, even in London it's pretty hot. Well you may have to either sacrifice comfort, or the look?

jpolla said:
Spose, even in London it's pretty hot. Well you may have to either sacrifice comfort, or the look?

fashion is such a cruel mistress.

i find it yucky. Men's legs are at 90% kind of ridiculous. Besides, shorts are meant to be "casual" in my mind, not matched with a jacket, it just doesn't work. I like it when shorts (at knee) are sporty, though.

Since I cannot bring myself to wear either blazers or shorts, I'm going to have to pass on this one.

There are a lot of looks that I wouldn't wear myself, but like on others. This is not one of them, though.

Two thumbs down! :lol:

I think it looks great

though I haven't seen anyone actually wear it, just pictures

the YSL combo and the combo at the top look really good and i embrace this trend. however the galliano/westwood combos just look terrrible. i think this can only be worn tailored and in neutral shades.

Its probably better for early Spring............Feb. and March????

Shorts/blazers is not a new trend IMO. It's been shown for years on runways, but I doubt it'll ever catch on because it's not something most people would feel comfortable wearing...

It can look very cute, but not for the real world... Love the VW look! Sort of a Japanese/Indian/British mix. :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
djork said:
I live in houston and last month I tried this combo and I was burning!

djork said:
fashion is such a cruel mistress.
Hahaha such a modern day Oscar Wilde qoute. In relation to the idea again, does it not just seem liek carlton out of fresh prince of bel-air. Sort of preppy-nerdy. One can imagine it being sported in Monaco for smart-casual events. "smart casual" being such an ambiguous theme. hmm

shorts and blazers

i would prob give it ago for the sake of fashion but like most normal guys (non models) my legs won't look so skinny in a pair of hot pants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->