Short Shorts for Winter

therese said:
can one post personal pics in this section or just runway trends?? I have some pics of how I do the shorts thing, so that I can post if it's okay so we can have more pics like boho_babe requested...
Of course you can :woot: That would be great

Cute look.. though my definition of short shorts is something... way shorter. Haha.

Same here. The ones pictured in this thread are just normal shorts. When I hear 'short shorts' I picture hot-pants or Daisy-Dukes.

I love the look, but I'll save it for spring ... shorts in Canada in winter is just begging for pneumonia.

Some runway pics:flower:

Paul & Joe AW05

01-CRW_9870.jpg
04-CRW_9990.jpg

20-CRW_0449.jpg

35-CRW_0911.jpg

Cacharel AW05

cac020.jpg
cac036.jpg

vogue.co.uk

The ones posted by Desire are more what I know to be 'short-shorts' than the ones posted above. ^^^

topshop has alot of tweed 'short shorts' on sale at the moment they are lovely but i refrained from buying them because i would never have the guts to wear them:ninja:

*bump*

thesartorialist

Attachments

• Groshopping.jpg
    Groshopping.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 18
I can not resist trouser shorts ONLY! I want a pair.... for all seaon long, I love them, but just never able to find one any where.

Also, there is autumn between summer and winter people... this is excellent for fall IMO. I am going to wear it with (pointy) ballet flats instead of boots, because boots + shorts + tights just cut your legs into three, unflattering yet asburd.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, definitely wear shorts with tights for fall... i'm not sure about winter though, it'll all depend on the weather. Where i live, it gets below 0 for a good part of winter, and the last time i did this look i got a cold. Haha, anything for fashion.

I love the last girl's look posted above ^^. Very cute. On warmer winter days, this is a cute look (but only with tights... not bare legs), but when it gets really cold, it's just going to be silly!

rollagasper said:
I agree, definitely wear shorts with tights for fall... i'm not sure about winter though, it'll all depend on the weather. Where i live, it gets below 0 for a good part of winter, and the last time i did this look i got a cold. Haha, anything for fashion.

Maybe it's not as practical to wear shorts during the winter in Canada as it is in the southern US, but what I like to do sometimes is wear my shorts with tights & then wear high socks (just below the knee) & then boots over that. It's a very cute look, & layering is definitely something that doesn't seem to go out of style.

Short shorts in the winter? I think of only one place where this is possible (and I mean no disrespect)- Japan. Some Japanese ladies were brave enough to wear short shorts in wintry temperatures. This was especially true back even before Japan outlawed those thick-soled platform boots. Japanese ladies have the sexier type of shorts as they are more like the length of hot pants. As far as this deal goes in this thread, it may be only a matter of time in which shorts are going to suffer the same fate as mini skirts in terms of trying to pair leggings with a certain garment usually tailored for warmer weather. One lady tried shorts with leggings at my school, and I swear she had looks that would make blind people cry.

I guess you'll need a certain style of shoes to make this look work. I was probably thinking of shoes like closed-toe espadrilles, cute wedge pumps, perhaps even boots with big toes (for that more aggressive '70s look), or something like that. I think if it gets too cold, maybe try some tights or stockings to go with them. Make sure they are appropriate. So for example, no pink and black-striped stockings paired with black Converse low-tops. But if you got the legs and the bravery to go with it, more pwoer to you. You dig?

Insanity! Lordy, I live in the middle of a desert, and no girl I know would attempt this. It's neither practical nor attractive.

^ I dig! lol On days when it's not that cold, than I might consider wearing shorts. Especially if I'm going to work, where the only time I'll be outside is for the short drive there to where it's nice & heated. However, on those days when I need to get up about a half an hour early to break the ice off my windsheild, then the shorts stay in the closet. I wore them last year, a pair of black trouser shorts with black opaque tights & grey wooly socks with white snowflake embrodiery & my black boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonwreath
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->