2638-800w.jpg

68986-800w.jpg

vogue+us+november+1999.jpg

the_supermodels_vogue_magazine_uk_january_1990_1.jpg

xjWe0-2fe852a1566aa3aca19aaccb65ddcb8a.jpg

usvo0100meiseljy9.jpg

vogue-usa-2007-may-00.jpg

steven-meisel-godfather-1.jpg

Can someone make a list of all the women considered supermodels? Like, the ones who did it all.

Are models like Iman, Twiggy, and Jean Shrimpton considered supermodels or icons? I don't know about their resumes, but I definitely think they are iconic.

Max - could you please add the sources for those images? Thanks.

I think longevity makes you a super and also someone who has done almost everything. VS, Beauty Contract, Vogue Italia Paris and US covers, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit and your name or face is reasonably popular.
Posted via Mobile Device

^ I agree DanceFashionista there is no one who has done Sports Illustrated Swimsuit along with blue chip campaigns in recent fashion history. Models are segregated as 'high fashion' and 'commercial' that no one cannot break into both these fields and be successful.

I guess Kate Upton could have big chance for that, if she would work out a little for high fashion market.

^ I agree DanceFashionista there is no one who has done Sports Illustrated Swimsuit along with blue chip campaigns in recent fashion history.

A lot of that has to do with the models that SI uses now. When Julie Taylor was the editor of the swimsuit issue, you had Paulina Porizkova, Christie Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, Cheryl Tiegs, Stephanie Seymour, and Carol Alt in the issue. These were girls who did HF before they landed in SI. The HF girls who want to do more commercial work now do VS, not SI.

I will never accept Karlie or Kate as supers, the former has no commercial appeal watsoever (Natalia or Isabeli are much more of supermodels than her) and the latter has done nothing noticeable in high fashion. I feel like there are no supermodel worthy figures nowadays. There are girls who are very successful in the world of high fashion, there are those who are famous for their swimsuit/lingerie work and/or relationships with famous actors/singers but there is no one who does it and has it all. Can't say I am happy about it:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will never accept Karlie or Kate as supers, the former has no commercial appeal watsoever (Natalia or Isabeli are much more of supermodels than her) and the latter has done nothing noticeable in high fashion. I feel like there are no supermodel worthy figures nowadays. There are girls who are very successful in the world of high fashion, there are those who are famous for their swimsuit/lingerie work and/or relationships with famous actors/singers but there is no one who does it and has it all. Can't say I am happy about it:ermm:

I agree about Natalia & Isabeli, they're so much better and 'versatile' (I hate this word :ninja: )

Isabeli is everything TBH her career has been a dream. IF she would hace accepted the VS CONTRACT she would have been SOO MAJOR.

no one would accept kate moss as a supermodel if they see her in real life. but the girl is amazing in prints.

A supermodel is mainly about cross over appeal not the ammount of high fashion work she has done. Kate Upton and Karlie have a higher shot at becoming supers because they have in oyour face personalities which talkshows and Hollywood like and thats what brings about cross over appeal. Kate Upton is a supermodel in the same way as the original supers as much as she hasnt yet achieved a smuch as they did. She has done the mega commercial ad, several viral youtube videos, hollywood movies, featured in entertainment channel news stories, mens magazines, teeenage boy's walls and most importantly has conquered the world of high fashion.

Isabeli is everything TBH her career has been a dream. IF she would hace accepted the VS CONTRACT she would have been SOO MAJOR.

I dont think she would have reached supermodel status coz she doesnt fare well when it comes to the press. Supermodels tend to be extra confident on screen almost going to brash

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->