What Makes You Look Older?

snowqueen

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the best place to ask but hey ill give it a shot !! I am sick and tired of looking so young I am 15 but I look about 12 I know your all going to say ull be thankfull when your older etc but thats not realy a solution. I would like definant answers on how to look older as when I first meet people and tell them my age they some times dont believe me. Although Ive never been asked my age for a film at the cinema and have seen fifteens since I was like 12. But I still feel I look like a baby compared to my friends and everyone else in my area. It doesn't help realy that I am so short (only 5"3, but we dont talk about it, im very very senstive about it) So I want help with how to look older !! Please help !! Thanx

luv 'n' kisses :flower:

Tia Maria

learn how to walk in a mean pair of heels and you'll definately seem older.

Dress appropriately, as a 15 year old would, walk the walk, talk the talk.

Ok well 4 starters I do not have a beard !! I live in heals ne ways and I dress older then 15 as most 15 year olds by were I live in tracksuits until they are about 25 and I dont own even one tracksuit. but thankx for the help any way

Make up, it goes against my every prinicple giving this advice :(

Wasnt disagreeing with purple, I posed this at the same time she did, make up works

Originally posted by Acid@Aug 21 2004, 04:51 PM
learn how to walk in a mean pair of heels and you'll definately seem older.
[snapback]341131[/snapback]​
agree...learn to walk like SJP in those new gap ads... :wink:

believe me, it gets you attention :innocent:

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Aug 21 2004, 05:00 PM
Wasnt disagreeing with purple, I posed this at the same time she did, make up works
[snapback]341147[/snapback]​
:kiss:

Makeup wise, I actually wore some today. Maybe it was just me, but people seemed nicer...
It's a sad world. I think you should just try being yourself.

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Aug 21 2004, 05:59 PM
Make up, it goes against my every prinicple giving this advice :(
[snapback]341145[/snapback]​

I agree...it's not really the best solution to the problem, but makeup is an easy way to make yourself look older.
I look young, too - I'm 21 and I recently got carded at the cinema because they didn't believe I was 15. :huh: everyone tells me I'll appreciate it when I'm older, but it still makes me feel terribly juvenile. I get treated more my age when I wear more makeup - heavier eye makeup, or red lips...but since I rarely do that (I don't like makeup at all...), I just have to deal with it and live with it. be yourself - if you're mature and carry yourself with grace and confidence, it'll translate to the people who count.

look at natalia vodianova - she's looks unusually young for her age, but she is all the more gorgeous for it. ^_^

The way to look older is by trying to look younger. Short skirts, foundation, that sort of thing.

Wear you hair down - that always makes you look that little bit more mature. Add dangly earrings. Add on some light make-up, just mascara and clear lipgloss should do the trick. That always works for me when I want to look older.

If you sound and act mature, they'll think you're more mature. You don't have to dress like a businesswoman or use big words--I just mean that little thibgs can make you seem less childish. Avoid saying 'like' and raising your voice at the end of sentences (because when you're telling a story? it's, like, really annoying?). Look at whoever is talking to you right in the eye and maintain eye contact. Basic manners make you look much older in a good way (whereas heavy makeup can look quite trashy, especially if you are young).

As far as makeup goes, don't completely ring your eyes in heavy liner with gross sparkles and clumpy mascara. So many girls do that and it just looks aweful. On the other hand, a little makeup can go a long way, especially on a younger face. I have a friend who always wears makeup, but subtley (some light brown shadow, mascara, and tinted lip gloss, for example) and she always looks gorgeous. If you go overboard, you can end up looking like you're playing dress-up in Mommy's cosmetics--a way younger look (and not a good one).

Learn to walk in spike heels, and don some Gucci leather. Not leather accessories but leather clothes.

Tom's first collection was quite good. The velvet pants, and the snaffle bit belt with some Thierry Mugler leather jacket. Or maybe State of Claude Montana leather.

And smoky eye makeup with blood red lipstick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->