What Makes You Look Older?

Belle Princesse said:
Hands...they can easily give away your age, and your neck too.

So true! :shock: Skincare-wise you have to treat your neck as a part of your face - not as a part of your body; and you should always use hand cream with sunscreen to prevent wrinkles and age spots. ^_^

Rosy-cheeked fresh and light makeup looks younger than dark or bronzy makeup :P

The voice is extremely important. Speaking gracefully in a clear bright voice makes you look years younger than using gruff or nagging expressions.

Attitude is so important too. Many people look overly aged because they have a jaded, toughened manner as opposed to displaying a graceful positive attitude and an openminded willingness to learn, genuine (not overdone) enthusiasm and playfulness...all of which can be seen in the eyes.

Posture.

Up-to-date dressing...I know young, pretty people who still wear the same clothes and makeup they did over a decade ago, adding years onto their looks!

Melisande said:
Up-to-date dressing...I know young, pretty people who still wear the same clothes and makeup they did over a decade ago, adding years onto their looks!

Why do people do that? It's such a bad look!

fashionlives said:
yes i've heard this, how come?

In general, the toxins from smoking are bad for the skin, but the act of smoking over time creates vertical lines around the lips.

I think the easiest way to tell how old one is is by their neck and hands. After that, it would be the smile lines from the nose to the mouth (I forget what they are called). Oh, and the forehead lines if it hasn't been botoxed yet! :lol:

If you are trying to look older (you know, to get into a club or whatever), wear lots of makeup and your hair down. Always works for me!

Belle Princesse said:
Hands...they can easily give away your age, and your neck too.

i think like you... the hands are a problem... they have to be always clean and the nayls colour have to be white or something gentele...and the nayls have to be short or not to long... thats how its work with me... :huh:

i think overdoing tan and using much make-up are the best if you want to look older very soon :blush: + using much cleaning products is also bad for skin after a while, the less is more ^_^

Large pores,thin eye brows,thin lips.The area around your eyes is very important,the fine lines and dark circles make you look older(even if they are only laugh lines) also the eyes influence your appearance,if they`re tired,red or yellow(to much smoking) you`re going to look old.

There are two things that are guaranteed to make you look older - smoking and dehydrating!! :(

So smoke your last today,
and drink lots and lots of mineral water,
if you want to hold on to your beautiful looks,
for a little bit longer! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I came in here looking to find some tips to look older because I'm 20 years old yet everyone still assumes I'm 16 because I have a baby face & I'm very petite. I agree with the too much makeup, smoking and not sleeping answers though

strawberry daiquiri said:
well your face loses a lot of fat/flesh as you get older... so having a rounder face pays off in later years :P

Exactly that happened with me!^_^ I had such a round face when I was rounder, to be honest it's still round but way more structured i guess, it doesn't look like a balloon anymore:lol: I used to hate it but when I look back I think it looks quite cute on girls, don't ask me why but i think round faces look so much cuter on girls than those where you can really see the cheekbones:wink: Round faces make you look way younger too..

Anyways back to topic: what makes me look older is a lot of make-up...like if I compare it, without make-up I look even younger than I am but with a lot of make-up I look older, it's sooo weird:blink:

Smoking made me look older too...I didn't smoke for a very long time but I could still see the difference, I didn't look fresh anymore and my skin looked really horrible though i normally have great skin.

Tanning beds are really bad for your skin too...They become so addictive after a while though but after I got sunburnt from a tanning bed I stopped. I was really red for a few days and you can see the bad results on many overtanned ladies :lol: I think I prefer to go to the beach^_^

Shuggastilletto and Sunrise, I have round cheeks too (actually face) and used to loathe them. But now I think they're cute (especially with a hint of blusher to make it look like you just worked-out) and they make me look younger too. For example, look at Gong Li. No one would guess her real age!
As opposed to people like say, Teri Hatcher and Victoria Beckham. Oh, sunken / hollow cheeks definitely makes one look older.

Well... for models... you know a lot of them look like they're 25 when they're only 15. I think height can make a person look older/mature. I've seen some girls and if you imagined them to be much shorter, they really would look like their age or younger. Makeup or how you dress and behave also change everything. I remember thinking it was funny whenever I saw interviews of some models backstage and some of them seem so hyper, I was really taken back by it.

Eyebrows. Overplucked and arched brows make you look not only older but
even a bit ugly.

hangover
lack of sleep
unhealthy food
unwashed make-up

I noticed something a couple of days ago,chubby arms make you look cute and childlish.I saw a little girl washing her hands and thought:"How cute is she with her chubby little arms",than I realised that my chubby arms have the same effect.It`s weird I always tryed to cover them up but that made me look manly, like I have huge muscles,but when I wear a t-shirt or something they make me look soft and childlike.

-too thin eyebrows, too round shaped
-perma-tan
-childish or too prissy clothes (they age you by contrast)
-helmety hair
-old fashioned (not classic) accesories
-tracksuits
-too much hairspray
-bad teeth
-old fashioned, too heavy perfume
-pointy, long nails (specially painted in ugly and frosted colours)
-asking to a magazine vendor what´s in fashion (and believing what they say)
-bad sneakers (old women refuse to drop bucks here and insist on cheaper ones, or worst yet in "feminine" pinshish sh*tty sneakers)
-"dressy" jeans, in weird denim and cut as if they could pass as regular pants
-pasty lipstick always reapplied.
-tight jeans
-being overdressed for casual ocassions (heels in a picnic, blowdried hair for the beach, makeup to the gym)

That´s just some...

Last edited by a moderator:
not just physical appearance but the way you carry yourself in public really seems to make an impact on the way people view you.. childish behavior will only make you seem younger (sometimes in a bad way)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->