What Makes You Look Older?

i work in customer service and I serve a good 1000 or more customers a day the older looking ladies are definatly the ones that have too much make up but the good looking older ones have really good natural make up and not much powder on at all

also wearing high heels during the day and nice tailored pants are always a good way to look more mature

Strech marks make your skin look saggy,dry hair(shinny and healthy looking hair make you look younger) and bad posture.

Being very overweight or very underweight ages you terribly.

Uggh...this thread is making me feel old and I'm only 23...my eyebrows are too thin and I desperstely want to make them thicker and they make me look so much older!

I also think very harsh hair colours can make you look older, as well as hair styles, such as a very angular cut bob as opposed to a long feminine mane...

playwithJoycee said:
not just physical appearance but the way you carry yourself in public really seems to make an impact on the way people view you.. childish behavior will only make you seem younger (sometimes in a bad way)

what kind of behaviours in a bad way?

-standing out eyeliner teamed with lipstick
-wearing black/white all over
-over tanning - orange tans
-teeth
-drawn/tattooed brows
-facial lines espcially the eyes

I do agree about attitude, I have this friend, and she is 38, but no one could guess her age, she looks 22 or something, she acts like a child, wears almost no make up, but rosy cheeks, ponytails, she speaks in a childish voice, she is playful and she moisturizes her skin a lot...she smiles all the time.

I believe strongly that poor diet can contribute to aging quicker.
Smoking, alcohol, drugs and stress too. I think a person who is
or has gone through a rough period in their life can show beyound
their actual age. Personality truely will show a persons age.

So which would be the healthiest routine to help us prevent aging?
What should we do practically every day from morning till night in order to age gracefully ?

When I have my hair up people tell me I look really young, when I have it down and dyed dark, I get told I look older than I am.

sYdneY__ said:
not giving your body enough nutrients from food. Dieting is known to make you age quicker, especially your skin.

i agree

i find that i love my body and the way clothes look on me when i'm skinny but i do look a lot younger with a bit of meat on.

of course not enough sleep, stress and smoking! i'm still struggling with the smoking bit

being content, being soft (not too hard, edgy, too aggressive), keeping calm and being happy helps. generally speaking i've seen women who've been through "hard" lives and they look a lot older than those who've had it "easier"

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, everytime i lose alot of weight i tend to look older but feel better about the way i look, when i put some on, my face tends to get chubby and looks younger but i'm not happy about my body- i guess for me its one or the other!

twilight fairy said:
I always look younger than I am..but I think it's a lot about the attitude and the way you present yourself. Smiling a lot and not wearing excessive makeup makes you look younger, in my opinion. And of course good skin care..
I personally think overly tanned skin makes girls look so much older. Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan look like they're both 30, in my opinion. :shock:

I agree about Lindsay ... how she's managed to get that sun-damaged is a bit of a mystery ... perhaps it's all the smoking too ... :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->