What Makes You Look Older?

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 21 2004, 09:59 PM
Learn to walk in spike heels, and don some Gucci leather. Not leather accessories but leather clothes.

Tom's first collection was quite good. The velvet pants, and the snaffle bit belt with some Thierry Mugler leather jacket. Or maybe State of Claude Montana leather.

And smoky eye makeup with blood red lipstick.
[snapback]341344[/snapback]​

:P :lol: ...you're funny... :woot:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Aug 21 2004, 10:03 PM
:neutral: Just asking... does she want to look older or like a dominatrix?
[snapback]341347[/snapback]​
That's not a dominatrix ensemble.

A dominatrix would be more like this:

Patent leather jodphurs with a pair of black steel spiked boots, and a white silk shirt with a Gaultier corset in silver silk, and leather. Completed with a leather tie cinched with a sterling dagger pin. Add a military hat, Bottega Veneta studded gloves from F/W 2001 and Hermes riding crop to complete the look.

Makeup should be eyeliner galore done like in those Paule Ka ads with yes, blood red lipstick, and cheekbones that cut glass. With a beauty spot just there.

Fashism.

Originally posted by utopia@Aug 21 2004, 05:14 PM
I look young, too - I'm 21 and I recently got carded at the cinema because they didn't believe I was 15. :huh: everyone tells me I'll appreciate it when I'm older, but it still makes me feel terribly juvenile. I get treated more my age when I wear more makeup - heavier eye makeup, or red lips...but since I rarely do that (I don't like makeup at all...), I just have to deal with it and live with it. be yourself - if you're mature and carry yourself with grace and confidence, it'll translate to the people who count.

[snapback]341166[/snapback]​

Thats soo me! I once was held up for 30 minutes at a club because they could NOT believe I was over 18. mind you, this was 3 months ago, and I'm 21. RIDICULOUS!

I still have no idea how to look older, No matter how much lipstick, eyeshadow... high heels... nothing works. I always get carded and glared at as if I'm some 16 yr old with a fake ID. I'm just trying to enjoy it. lol!

Originally posted by étoiledunord@Aug 21 2004, 04:27 PM
tracksuit & trainers..... national dress of England....
[snapback]341249[/snapback]​
it's called leisure wear :angry:

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Aug 22 2004, 04:55 AM
Thats soo me! I once was held up for 30 minutes at a club because they could NOT believe I was over 18. mind you, this was 3 months ago, and I'm 21. RIDICULOUS!

I still have no idea how to look older, No matter how much lipstick, eyeshadow... high heels... nothing works. I always get carded and glared at as if I'm some 16 yr old with a fake ID. I'm just trying to enjoy it. lol!
[snapback]341508[/snapback]​

Mee too! Last week I had to convice someone that I'm not 16! and I am 22!!
I don't behave immature and I always stick to good manners. I agree that using make-up may make you look older - but don't overdo it, this might backfire.
some mascara, discreet eyeshadow, some gentle rouge and a lip balm/gloss or a lipstick in a unobtrusive colour should do the trick.
I will not advise high heels, because imo it's not important to be tall too look older..

but looking younger has also some advantages not only later on. many people find that this young/childlike look is sooo sweet.

I wouldn't recommend plastering yourself with makeup; however, I would recommend learning how to hold yourself and acting in a mature way, which count for more than the physical.

Good posture, diction, style and manner should help. :flower:

ok thanks for you help youve sort of helped although I would not be seen dead with out make up on, I live in heals due to my height, and I only wear my hair tied back during in pe or at the gym. but thanks ne ways it sort of helped :flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Aug 22 2004, 04:03 AM
:neutral: Just asking... does she want to look older or like a dominatrix?
[snapback]341347[/snapback]​
:lol: Nice one

So sad that so many (including me) spend our younger days trying to look older and spend the later days trying to look younger! It is a vicious cycle! :rolleyes:

Many times how you dress and act can make you appear older. Dress classy and have lots of confidence in yourself. A great haircut can help you out too! :flower:

I'm 29 and I always get IDed.. and the LEGAL age in Toronto is 19.. I even get IDed for cigarettes.. I'm a mother of a 7 year old!!! But it feels good, even though it's annoying sometimes :yuk:

I look young to I get mistaken for 14 and im 19. Try a more mature hair-cut (no pigtails or braids) and eyeliner in the inner rim of your eyes changes the whole face and adds so many years :flower:

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 22 2004, 03:41 AM

I was going to suggest that you may be more of the expert there.

However, my newest vow is to stop being sarcastic.
:ninja: So, no comment.

I, too, have this problem. I'm 21 years old, but, definitely look younger. Eyeliner definitely helps meout, as well as classy-like clothing.

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 22 2004, 03:41 AM

Patent leather jodphurs with a pair of black steel spiked boots, and a white silk shirt with a Gaultier corset in silver silk, and leather. Completed with a leather tie cinched with a sterling dagger pin. Add a military hat, Bottega Veneta studded gloves from F/W 2001 and Hermes riding crop to complete the look.

Makeup should be eyeliner galore done like in those Paule Ka ads with yes, blood red lipstick, and cheekbones that cut glass. With a beauty spot just there.

Fashism.
[snapback]341504[/snapback]​

I like that outfit....... :blink:

what makes you look older? as in skin? or just in general??? like your skin can look good still, but you can tell you are older? :blink:

skin is a big factor i think. but also you can tell someones older when you meet their kids. i believe even if you look very young, act your age because acting like paris hilton when you're 40 or 50 makes you look older and pathetic.

i think that also the makeup and the way you dress, because if even if you have a nice skin if you dress like an older person and wear a lot of makeup......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->