What to wear to a formal, semi-formal, or black tie event

adsurgo

Reaction score
a good friend of mine's little sister is have a pretty big birthday party at a manor type place. my girlfriend is wearing a brown dress and i would like to match her. what should i wear? i kind of want to incorporate a solid color skinny tie in it but im not too sure of what else to wear. i want to look slightly dressy but also different from everybody else in a "hip" (for lack of a better term) sort of way, i guess. im not really sure what kids in their teens are into these days but id definitely like to be a step ahead with what im wearing.

any advice is appreciated.
thanks a lot in advance.

Cardigan, worn with a buttondown, with skinny tie, dresspants, wingtips. Coordinate colors as needed.

What color skinny tie? I dont recommend matching her, it's so...kitch...

The Formal Event Thread

For discussing what you want to wear to any formal event. Discuss shoes, clutches, dresses and make-up. Post pictures of inspirations or celebrity/runway looks you want to achieve. If there is a thread like this already please merge. :smile:

Wish List:

Stella McCartney

Herve Leger

above sources: intermixonline
this source: my blog
which clutch should I go for?

liste.PNG

I like the first clutch (the ivory one with pleats)!

I've been waiting for a formal event, because I bought this beautiful black velvet dress a year ago and have not yet had the opportunity to wear it. I feel silly posting the pic here, but here's the dress:
2890287901_fd0e695648.jpg

(Source me)

As for shoes, I'm lusting after these:

(Source: Browns Fashion)

I love the Stella shoes :heart: I went to a formal dinner last week and had major wardrobe panic! I have an even bigger even in 3 weeks time that I will need advice for!

Black tie affairs

I have a few of these coming up - and just had one - and am always stumped as to what to wear. For my last one - an awards event - I wore a black, asymetric shoulder dress from the Kate Moss for TS collection with opaque tights and black patent heels.

For the next one I would like to wear a gold shift with opaque tights and heels again.

Any ideas for alternatives appreciated - I hope this thread helps many as we head into the party season! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->