What to wear to someone else's wedding

^me too. but i honestly don´t think it looks trashy. it´s a perfect length.
and the neckline is not low, that´s a big plus. if it would have had a huge neckline and be super short, it would look trashy.

^me too. but i honestly don´t think it looks trashy. it´s a perfect length.
and the neckline is not low, that´s a big plus. if it would have had a huge neckline and be super short, it would look trashy.
thanks! :flower: now all i have to wonder about are shoes. :ninja:

will try it on and get back at you girls. thank you for the advices! :smile:

good luck! definitely play around with what you have and see what works best ^_^
and if neither works then you've got an excuse to buy a new pair of shoes :P

There's a pair of I think Sigerson Morrison blue + nude wedges pictured in Lucky either June or July that would be great with it ...

There's a pair of I think Sigerson Morrison blue + nude wedges pictured in Lucky either June or July that would be great with it ...
you mean these?

m-174-82914-3-DebaSGyNN6Rx.jpg
m-174-82926-3-WUK1UtkaMSCN.jpg

modaoperandi.com

i dunno, they're interesting, but i'm not sure they're my cup of tea? they could "cut my ankle" (making it "cankle-ish"), no?
i def think that this kind of a blue would fit really nicely with the dress.

i finally found the Zara lagoon blue ones i told you i already have (they're the 2nd ones in the 1st row), what do you think:
Screen+shot+2011-05-09+at+10.15.13+PM.png

sandinmylouboutins.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i think those Zara wedges could be perfect for the dress! definitely try them on beforehand and see how you feel about the combo..

sigersonmorrison

These are the ones I meant ... but the ones you have look good too! (These are currently 50% off btw.)

Attachments

• sigerson morrison.png
    sigerson morrison.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
I saw those and fell in love (Dali model!). :wub: it's too late to order them now cus they wouldnt arrive on time. :(

I've tried the black wedges and they don't fit at all. Blue Zara ones look so weird with the dress, they just don't fit, but they do good for the legs and now I'm wondering if i should keep the shoes and change the dress.. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

dajrekshn, I don't know if you've already gone to the wedding or not, but I don't think that dress is trashy at all! It's a pet peeve of mine when people are afraid of showing-up the bride and instead do the polar opposite and wear something fairly dour/conservative (for whatever reason, most of the women I know do this). I see so much black and grey at weddings. Weddings should be fun! And unless you're wearing a gorgeous white dress, you're not going to distract from the bride! haha. But yeah, in short, I like your dress alot. Great color, not too short, looks festive, etc. And as far as shoes are concerned, I'd just make sure you bring something you'll be comfortable in for several hours, and comfortable dancing in.

dajrekshn, I don't know if you've already gone to the wedding or not, but I don't think that dress is trashy at all! It's a pet peeve of mine when people are afraid of showing-up the bride and instead do the polar opposite and wear something fairly dour/conservative (for whatever reason, most of the women I know do this). I see so much black and grey at weddings. Weddings should be fun! And unless you're wearing a gorgeous white dress, you're not going to distract from the bride! haha. But yeah, in short, I like your dress alot. Great color, not too short, looks festive, etc. And as far as shoes are concerned, I'd just make sure you bring something you'll be comfortable in for several hours, and comfortable dancing in.
thank you!:flower:

i went to the wedding in the mean time and bought completely other dress and shoes. :ninja:

i found a pretty dark green short sleeved, open back dress that was to my knees with the stillettos in the same colour like the wedges i already had. :ninja: i added a silver, chunky necklace to lift it up a bit and really couldn't have been more comfortable even if i wanted to.

i do think that i need to be more open to short dresses and get used to them cus it's beginning to hit my wallet big time. it's starting to shape my comfort zone when it comes to clothes and i don't like having limits of that kind except for some real clothing extremes.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my sister's getting married. It's going to be an autumn wedding, so I'm thinking of wearing this:
JV0202700012_BKK_1.jpg

Marc by Marc Jacobs, pic: flannelsfashion.com
My mother said it's a bit morbid, I don't think it is really. I don't see myself wearing anything colorful. What do you guys think? Should I stick with it or, "oh noooo", go shopping? :P

i actually think it´s nice. i think it will work with a nice hairdo and lovely shoes. like youthful hairdo and shoes.

Thanks for your feedback! And good point: I should keep the rest of the look a bit youthful, I don't want to look like her mother (or the wedding's cougar :lol:)

^ I don't think you're in danger of looking like a cougar in Marc by Marc :wink:

I am going to a wedding reception this summer (I hope - invitations aren't sent out yet:P), and I want to use my dress overcoat. The problem is that it is WHITE. I am myself one of those persons who frowns when other people wear white/light light pastels to other peoples weddings and see it as a sign of disrespect, but I have no idea if wearing a white overcoat over a blue dress with purple accessories would be fine. Can I get away with it, seeing as it is only a coat? I really would hate to buy another one as I love my first, and it is always a bit chilly here so I will need one... The bride and groom are 20-21 I think and the reception is not overly formal.

* inner turmoil *

Do you think it is all right to wear a white overcoat to a wedding reception?

^ yes.

it's also ok to stop judging others :wink: though when a large relative wore a large white-white lace dress to my sister's wedding (she wore ecru), i couldn't help but notice she looked ridiculous. who knows why she did it--no explanation was forthcoming.

i think a coat is fine. presumably you will take it off when you get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louis18
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->