What to wear when you're nouveau riche

galliano tracksuit, lv bag and sandals and cartier look alike watch. classy huh?
vorowaveXP0705_468x858.jpg

^ Talk to the hand indeed :lol: I can imagine my eyes being put out in person ... that tracksuit is amazing.

actually, princess sparkle, i think that the sequined blazer can look very amazing and it doesn't look nouveau riche to me. it doesn't really scream "TACKY" to me, which most of the posted items do.

wedding attire? overdone cake frosting?
jesuschrist.jpg
shinymediablogs

All Beckham's outfits, especially Hermes bags, Rolex and Bentley (russians also love all this things!)

i dont think wearing a rolex or carrying a timeless Hermes bag makes you nouveau riche...I have both and im def not NR, so are alot of ppl i know, the whole point of NR is that they didnt have any money, then, they have some, so they want to look like ppl who already have money (old money) so they acquire the same things...the difference is class...the way they wear their watches, the way the carry their bags (probably wearing an ed hardy cap,sweats, full make up) and carrying an hermes...thats what makes it tacky....Hermes,rolex,bentleys,diamonds,whatever are not NR objects...

^ I know someone who's the poster child for how not to carry a Birkin ... she owns (with her husband) a jewelry store, and she positioned her brand new, shiny croc Birkin on one of the counters, blocking the view of the merchandise, and stood behind it at attention, awaiting compliments :rolleyes: I, naturally, said nothing :lol:

lol

i'd probably tell her to "move that crocodile atrocity out of the way, can't you put it on the floor???"

:lol:

but i agree, Hermes, Rolex, Diamonds, etc, they're not automatically NR. it's what people DO with them. little do they know that it's all about being subtle these days...

haha thats funny.....
it reminds me of some ppl who never remove the plastic on the hardware from their hermes bags, it makes them look cheap...also, some ppl who refuse to put their bags on the floor...i dont know..i believe in if you bought it, enjoy it until its worn out!

agree with Uniq,

the problem with the NR or the fact why they are actually called Nouveau Riche and how you differentiate them from 'Old Money' is class :rolleyes:
because they did not grow up with that amount of money, they naturally have difficulties to behave accordingly..
my best example of a public figure/couple would be someone like the Beckhams. not because they wear all high end brands but because they simply look wrong in those outfits no matter how much they try.. too much money too quick...
at the end you can have dozens and dozens of birkins croc, diamanté or not that is not what will put you in the NR drawer it is THAT + YOURSELF (that includes a hell of a lot of things such as education, upbringing, etc etc)
someone come to Monaco and see for yourself :lol: you'll be in for a laugh :wink:

I don't think "old money" automatically have class. At all.

^ I guess it all depends on what you mean by class ... :wink:

What's 'old' money now was often new money a generation or two back ... in this country anyway.

There's been huge turnover on the Forbes list of late ... the Astors and Rockefellers and co. have pretty much fallen off. Alas, old money is not what it used to be :P

Most of the time when I use the word class, I'm talking about dignity and kindness and the like ... the kind of things that not only don't require old money, but don't require money at all ...

haha thats funny.....
it reminds me of some ppl who never remove the plastic on the hardware from their hermes bags, it makes them look cheap...also, some ppl who refuse to put their bags on the floor...i dont know..i believe in if you bought it, enjoy it until its worn out!

i personally never put my bags on the floor, even though they are waaay cheaper than a hermes bag, its because they get dirty or pick up bacteria and stuff, you leave it on the floor of a restaurant then throw it on your bed.. and there are some people that believe in the superstition that if you leave them on the floor your money will "walk away"...

i think the "new rich people" has been around forever and the term is correctly applied on each generation, to the kind of manners and etiquette that apply on each decade, there have been always people that dont fit because they never learned the "traditions of the rich". i dont think it has to do twith the money but more about how they spend it and the way mos of them parade around looking excentric rather than what is "acceptable" for a person their "status" as seen by other rich people. they may have class but someone without a "rich people" upbringing may have trouble to manage money and buys ridiculous things because simply cant tell the difference between a quality object and a pricey one. i dont know if that made sense at all:doh:

this talk now reminds me of the Envy movie, it is hilarious. the vanderparks (jack black and amy poehler) get super rich overnight after inventin the VaPOOrizer, a spray that disappears poop:lol:
190190300.jpg

madeinatlantis

i would like to clarify that i DONT believe "old money" = Class
my statement was simply to stand behind the fact that new money almost always doesnt have class if that makes sense.. :unsure:

In the UK... new money def means rarerly any class, decorum or public grace at all!

Most new money women are fairly Chave... I have to defend Victoria Beckham though... she has transformed herself into definate new money... but with impecable fashion taste and class...

If I was NR id wear clothes like her... alot of classic chanel and hermes... and I'd always have lots of nice fur and cashmere things! I'd be kind of a mix between audrey hepburn and VB with a bit of country lady thrown in with some tweed going on!

haha thats funny.....

This is exactly what gives an NR away immediately IMO - old money have had a lot of money for all of their lives and so expensive things are utterly normal - and hence they are like 100% less precious about them.
Nouveau Riche show off their newfound wealth in the hope that the old money will approve or the poor will be jealous. And there's this general idea NRs have of what being rich is - that's where the Rolex, Rolls and Juicy Couture note paper come in . . :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->