What to wear when you're slumming

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by As You Like It, Apr 7, 2004.

1. cait

cait Member

This week's slumming outfit: an oversized polo shirt I got for playing bingo at a local resort & a pair of comfortable but highly unfashionable jeans.

Just had to share.

2. ediewho

ediewho Riot Bug

Stay at home style

What are your stay at home styles & outfits if you have some?

Just a simple very modest example...
    white Nike elastic jogging trousers plus:
    a) Vintage Queen Oysho elastic t shirt.
    b) Mango IT girl elastic soft blue t shirt.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(Kinda informal sometimes i go more into bohemian leggings and scarf... this might be the most informal way to be at home to me)

3. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

bump for merging

4. joie

joie New Member

I'm bumming at home right now. Wearing a dark greyish-green Bonds tshirt and black trackpants. Oh and I wore my dad's old brown clogs from when we lived in Sweden to go and get the washing off the line in the backyard... if I am at home I don't bother getting dressed up esp as I have cats and cat hair likes to migrate to my clothes.

I have to go out later so I'll get changed.

5. rainey

rainey New Member

I slum in pyjamas.
    Warmer months, its boxers and tank tops or tees.
    Colder months, it's long sleeved tees and flannel sweat pants/sweatpants.
    I always change when it's actual sleeping time too. I own a massive collection of sleepwear.

6. utopia

utopia ingenue

Oh, this is cute! I love to hear about what people wear when no one is looking. When it's warm, a tank and yoga pants or a loose full cotton skirt. When it's cold, a jersey knit dress, slouchy cardi, tights and over the knee knit socks. It always has to be stuff that can stand to get paint on it when I'm making art. :innocent:

7. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

At this moment, I am home & changed out of the clothes I wore to run errands in ... now I'm going to cook & garden ;) I'm wearing a very old & perfectly worn-in pale yellow Polo T (I believe there are a few little holes if you look closely :ninja:) and lavender bamboo blend knit drawstring capris that are soooo comfy ... As I was putting the T-shirt on, I was contemplating whether it should not move on to its life as a rag :lol:

8. laboheme

laboheme Member

I'm an at-home-mom so I'm slumming like 80 percent of the time...:blush: I'm usually in yoga clothes, loose denim overalls, or cotton 'import shop' dresses (thai, batik, indian, tie dye.)

9. genevica

genevica New Member

When I'm slumming in the colder months, I'm usually in trackpants, skivvies, hoodies, polar-fleeces, etc and thick (very warm) socks.
    In warmer months, I'm in shorts, skirts and loose t-shirts.

10. ohbittebitte

ohbittebitte New Member

Right now I am slumming it since I'm sick. :( I am wearing, usually wearing when slumming it, black cut off skinnies, an old metal shirt, a black cardigan and hello kitty house shoes. I don't leave the house in this manner though. :p

11. alacrity

alacrity New Member

Usually when I'm slumming at home I'll wear a pair of leggings and a comfy baggy sweater or t-shirt. eek, I would never leave the house in this though!

12. Fewormany

Fewormany Member

Usually loose fitting trackpants, hoodie and Birkenstocks/spanish slippers (depending on if it's summer or winter).

13. luluposh

luluposh New Member

When I'm slumming/staying at home to study for most of the day, in the summer I tend to wear boxers + tank tops/white t-shirts.
    In the colder months, I wear harem pants/pj bottoms with old university hooded sweaters.
    I would never go out of the house wearing these pieces, but when I'm home I need to be comfortable in order to concentrate.

14. ATDOW

ATDOW New Member

when i'm slumming, I usually wear leggings (i never wear them in public) and tee/sweat. If i have to go to the store, I make the effort and put on a pr of jeans and a cuter tee.

15. dumbfairy

dumbfairy New Member

Where those holes with pride! Shows a much loved item of clothing!

For slumming recently,mainly just pjyamas :p Getting dressed has become such a chore. Why wear trousers when I can wear tarten pj pants :D

16. CaitlinC

CaitlinC New Member

I usually just wear an old t-shirt and a pair of lounge pants.

17. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

I'm planning on getting a pair of knitted pants from American Vintage...so comfy

18. sarehak

sarehak New Member

Even on my lazy days, I never leave the house without looking at least presentable. My favorite slumming outfit are black sweatpants paired with a knit button up sweater over a simple v-neck t-shirt and boat shoes.

19. Feline

Feline rock-chic

This is the kind of thing I wear around the house - old t-shirt, leggings and of course, my slippers. I have been known to go to the corner shop (just a few doors down the road) dressed like this, but no further.

20. IndayMae

IndayMae New Member

There's nothing like a comfortable pair of black Hanes shirt with black shorts or yoga pants. I add colorful, embellished accessories to make it less dowdy :innocent: