What to wear when you're slumming

I usually just wear black yoga pants or sleep shorts and a tank top, if I've got chores to do or I'm just hanging around the house.

i never used to wear sweatsuits of any type, but two winters ago, i acquired a black top and bottom when i needed some emergency layering pieces. i wear them separately, however. i also have my ex's old, paint-stained grey sweatshirt that i'm very fond of because the fleece is worn out and very soft.

my favorite bottoms in the summer is a pink plaid pajama bottom with a ribbon tie at the waist. i wear them with whatever tee i wore in the daytime, or maybe a sheer sleep tee that i've worn a few days running.

i'm also fond of wearing overalls, both short and long. i have a pair of shortalls, two pairs of long ones (one is loose, the other fitted), and a very faded denim one.

i'm barefoot at home or else wearing some soft slippers.

^ I'm barefoot in the summer, but in the winter I love those fuzzy butter socks :heart:

mostly a pair of printed MC Hammer-ish pants or some pajamas pants and a t-shirt. If I'm cold I'll put on a sweatshirt with one of my old school's logo on..

If I have to go out for grocery shopping or the likes of it. I put on a pair of jeans instead and if I have the time I'll roll them up a bit..

men's boxer shorts and a tee.
if i'm cold i'll put on my pyjama pants

I have a wonderful hoodie dress that I got at Target that I wear most weekends, especially if I have to go somewhere because it's comfy but I don't look like I'm in my Pjs:smile:

Always huge woolly socks. My feet are always cold. And sometimes...I wear tights as pants. But only in the privacy of my own home -_-

When I'm inside cleaning or just relaxing, I usually wear casual dresses. I have a few knit ones from the Patrick Robinson for Target collection that are perfect for days like that. I switch the dresses for dark jeans and tops when I know I'll be getting dirt on my clothes. As for shoes, I never wear any inside the house. Never have, never will!

i have another favorite for home! it's a very loose and long ethnic print dress with batwing sleeves. it's very light and airy. i love swishing around in it.

i only have that one, which i found at a thrift store. i am patiently waiting to come across and collect more. -_-

I dress so hippyish and boho when slumming it its unreal.. i always wear supper baggy linnen or light weight pants with loose flowing tops etc. I also layer alot when slumming it .. honestly remember when mary kate went through the boho vase haha that pritty much sums up what i end up looking like lol :rofl:

At home i mostly go for baggy t-shirts(my brother's ones mostly)and shorts if it's summer..
In winter i wear baggy t-shirts again but with long sleevs or i wear jumpers.
If i am not going out,i am like this all the time :smile:

Long t-shirts, leggings & slippers. Ideal for round the house, sleeping in (minus the slippers) & even going to the corner shop!

a legging with a white oversized t-dress! and old shoes (maybe bare foot because i like non of my shoes to get dirty) or a pair of flip flops or something. old flats.
whatever!

I love slumming :rofl: In winter mostly it's sweatpants, yoga pants, my fiance's t-shirts, hooded sweaters and big ol' socks, lol. In summer it's usually short shorts and a tank, or cotton sundresses.

^ I love it too :heart: I was just noticing this weekend--while slumming--that my Chefwear pants are starting to fray at the bottom. I'm afraid it's only a matter of time now ... :( I've had them for over 7 years. You really get your money's worth, I recommend them to slummers everywhere :D

Well I'm dressed in slum clothes right now or [Never Leave The] House Clothes.
During holidays and days I just know I'm not going to leave the house I have a selection of clothes to wear - mostly destroyed in some way, way too big or completely unwearable.
Currently wearing a Burberry's of London (that's how old it is) cream low v-neck cricket jumper with navy linen trousers that are seven inches too big at the waist. Matching those with a Chinese silk jacket that I wore too my prom but is now way too big.
Other favourites of mine are a 53 inch chest cream Ermenegildo Zegna cotton-silk blend jumper that is sooo comfortable and a Paul Smith Black grey stretchy cotton cardigan.
Failing the favourites it's a massive tasteless silk shirt.
The different colours clash so much but that just emphasizes the fact that I'm not going outside.

When we go to the allotment I have a blue and white grid Dior shirt that is hyper-old with holes in several places and navy cotton-elastic DKNY Jeans trousers.
These are usually matched with a silk scarf.
Days off = no-brainer for clothes

Last edited by a moderator:
I love slumming! :woot: As soon as I get home, I take off my trousers and put on some sweatpants. I usually leave on whatever top I was wearing. When I don't intend to leave the house at all (yes, that happens pretty frequently, too), I wear some old, not-so-pretty-anymore t-shirt, throw a sweater over that and put on my sweatpants. Sometimes I don't even put off my pyjamas, though. :P If it's really freaking hot in summer, I wear shorts, a sleeveless top or loose shirt and go barefoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->