what's your budget for handbags in relation to clothing, shoes, etc.?

apple124

Reaction score
i assume that most people who post on these threads easily spend about $1,000 to $2000 per handbag. i was wondering how much everyone spends on clothing, accessories, shoes, etc. do you set a budget for yourself per season, per month, per year? many people generally have handbag or shoe obsessions, so i am especially interested in how much everyone spends on clothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite picky when it comes to my wardrobe...I always think of my items as an investment rather than the price tag...i prefer something that is high quality and expensive rather than poor quality and cheap...i am not the bargain girl...so i dont really think i have an actual limit...the limit would be what is worth it what is not worth it...and i generally dont like to over buy...i think the more you have the less you use...i try not to over do it...i like to use all my bags and shoes...even if my bag is 5 years old...in terms of clothing... thats kinda tough...because i attend at least six weddings annually, not to mention engaggement parties, plus dinner parties...so you would guess that my wardrobe is pretty varied...I beleive that it differs greatly from person to another...some peoples' work demand them to spend alot on clothing whereas others do not spend alot...it also depends on where are you located, your social life...etc...and on your bugdet as well...
I am sorry I could not give exact figures...because it varies alot...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bag person at all... I easily spend 10 times more on clothes and shoes than I do on bags.
I'd say my money is spent on 60% clothes, 30% shoes, 10% bags.

Most of my designer bags (and there are only a few) were presents or sale purchases. I rarely pant after a bag like some girls I know...I can do without them. TBH...if I could get away with it...I wish I could sew large pockets in my skirts and pants to just put my iPod, lipbalm and wallet in.

i used to spend alot on clothes and little on bags. now i spend alot on all accessories-- shoes, bags, belts-- and less on clothes.

i also view every piece like it's an investment piece and avoid sales...

what i love is that my job is so much more flexible now than it used to be when i worked at a bank, which means i get to buy pieces i love rather than having to blow a massive amount of money on suits and heels....

If I find something really really really special..I could spend around 200 euros... But normally I never pay more than 10 (good quality...)..I adore vintage...

^^^It feels like an investement..if you know what others are ready to pay for the bags...

The last year i bought around 50 bags...and I spent ca 350 euros...if I sell them for 50 euros each it means 2500 euros...Good business...I'm not ready for the separation yet, though..

im a bag kind of girl...that being said..i like "cute/nice" clothes..and it doesn't matter by the price tag (except if its like 500 for a shirt! lol)..if i like it then i'll get it..be it a top at forever 21 (i actually find some cute tanks to wear to the gym there) or somewhere else. The most i ever spent on a shirt is 150..and on a plain tank top $60..i like nice jeans though..but i cant ever find the "perfect 1" so i just keep on searching. I think im going to get into shoes soon though...i just saw these beautiful black pumps on saks...i was droolinggggg :woot:

emi25 said:
^^^It feels like an investement..if you know what others are ready to pay for the bags...

The last year i bought around 50 bags...and I spent ca 350 euros...if I sell them for 50 euros each it means 2500 euros...Good business...I'm not ready for the separation yet, though..
Where do you sell them?

^^ eBay, I'm thinking

It's really hard to say how much I spend on clothes shoes and bags cuase there may be amonth where I just buy a bag and a pair of shoes, but another month where I buy only clothes. On average though, I'd say about 1.5k a month for a bag, 500 for clothes, and 500 for a pair shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->