Where can fashion really go from where it is now?

Reaction score
As much as I love my Balenciaga, Vetements, Gucci, Yohji, Rick, and more I do find myself thinking about the potential future quite often. I am rather inexperienced in terms of the "eras" fashion has seen and evolved from (I am still a teenager) and want to know from you all where you would predict fashion to move forward.

Judging by the current state of the industry, I´ll say it is going down the drain.

wasting-money-toilet.gif

media1.tenor.com

As much as I love my Balenciaga, Vetements, Gucci, Yohji, Rick, and more I do find myself thinking about the potential future quite often. I am rather inexperienced in terms of the "eras" fashion has seen and evolved from (I am still a teenager) and want to know from you all where you would predict fashion to move forward.
Aww a teen 💖 I started In 1995 I was 12 fashion has changed so much since then, the worst part that has changed is the lack of creativity and the full-on commercialization of fashion and entertainmentlization fashion. The only way forward is more creativity fashion will be split more as we move along or it could just go in the same direction which seems to be going the same designers at the same big houses. If you're really into fashion you need to look back a little to see what u missed, imagine watching fashion files on Saturday morning and seeing Gucci McQueen and Calvin Klein all in one tv show they're all so different and it made fashion more interesting. I think it's docs of the fashion brands start to go down we will see lvmh and the big conglomerates start to shed off the houses if they're not making money the houses will have to either close or go back to where they started on their own and then things will become a little bit more interesting. There's too much competition and there's too much saturation of designers some good and some not so good and some absolutely awful. I wish you the best whatever you choose to be make sure you start ASAP do not wait go forward even if it means being homeless. Follow your dreams and make money.

The years I was tuned into fashion in my teens was Fall 2005 (I remember cutting up the September Vogue issue that year in an art class) through Fall 2008, and if you're looking for some amazing creativity I highly recommend checking out those years of fashion!! Everything from the magazines, the designers, the models, it was all reaching it's peak 🩷 I think that after the financial crisis hit around Spring 2009, designers were losing jobs (Olivier Theyskens 💔) or buckling down and were afraid to churn out "creative" collections in fear of losing customers.

When I look at fashion these days, it feels like you're looking at an AI generated image: sure it's something you came looking for, and it's still the same designers/houses, but there's no soul behind it, we've lost the human hand that guided fashion into the realm of creativity beyond just being "a bunch of clothes".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkkccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->