White & Green tea

I will have to try it with lemon. I just always end up wasting them because I have a few slices then end up having to throw it away.

i drink a lot of water and some coffee but would like to switch to tea

there's a distributor of several teas but I don't know anything of white tea/green tea (and the site doesn't tell how the teas taste), these are the white teas available, anyone know them?
-bai mu dan c
-bai mu dan bio
-bai mu dan a
-pine needles
-white yunnan
-shou mei
-kenya changoi
-xue ya bio
-yin zhen silver needles
-bai hao yin zehn

and these are green teas that are most popular (they offer more than 60varietes of pure green tea)
-nepal
-vietnamtra ngon so
-yunnan
-sencha
-phoenix eyes
-tai ping hou ku
-gyokuro a
-karigane
-bai mao huo
-fuijan lu mao feng

i enjoy a sweet taste, so any tips would be great :smile:

^ I've had the Sencha green tea. It's not incredibly sweet, but a very small bit of honey adds a nice flavor. It's not bitter. If you're looking for a sweeter or mild flavor, you might want to try a white tea or green tea blended with fruit, like orange blossoms or acai berry. I've had variations like that, and I found they didn't need any sweetener.

When I first had green tea, I thought it was a little earthy tasting and needed a lot of sweetener, but I gradually cut back, and I enjoy most types of green and white without sweetener now. You get used to the taste.

can anyone tell me the recipe of Starbucks green tea frappe?
i´ve bought the green tea, and i do not know how to prepare it....thks!

Starbucks uses a syrup with artificial green coloring, artificial green tea flavor, and tons of sugar. They simply mix it with a ton of milk and ice and call it green tea. Same goes for their other cold drinks. I wonder if people actually think drinking a green tea frappuccino from Starbucks has any health benefits?

I doubt you can ever remake it yourself unless you find a way to order the syrup.

----

I don't know if it has ever been brought up, but has anyone else found it hard to find a great quality green tea seller? I've been buying green tea leaves for years now, from cheap to expensive, and it seems very few actually sell great quality ones. For example, green tea is suppose to have more of a greenish color than brownish. Sometimes when I brew some of these green tea leaves it looks like I just brewed black tea.

^Actually, Starbucks uses Matcha, which is a powdered form of green tea with that vibrant green color. Yes, there is also artificial syrup for sweetener, but the tea itself is not artificial.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am absolutely obsessed with green tea. I drink around 5 cups a day.
My favorite is this brand from Whole Foods called "Two Leaves and a Bud", and I sometimes drink the Whole Foods decaf "Allegro" brand. I can definately see the benefits. My skin is always flawless and glowing, I haven't had a cold in 2 years, and I feel fantastic. It may just be a placebo effect, but I'll keep thinking it's green tea. :smile: I also enjoy the taste too.
I like white tea too - sometimes it's a bit bland for me. I like it infused - pomegrante white tea is delicious.

I love green tea and white tea! I've been drinking around 3 - 7 cups a day lately, because I've just gone off the pill and was scared of my skin breaking out. I do believe that green tea and white tea does wonders to your skin. Mine never looked better before. Oh, and I love the taste of it, too :flower:

I've tasted white tea once before, from the brand Lipton. I didn't like it all.

Now I'm drinking white tea with honey and lemon from Gemi, and it's one of my favourite teas :smile:

^ I don't like Lipton at all either... They're wannabes when it comes to the tea industry :P I must try adding honey to my tea as well!

I got a green tea with lemon infusion from Whole Foods. It's actually really yummy. It's a subtle taste too so it's not overpowering.

^ I don't like Lipton at all either... They're wannabes when it comes to the tea industry :P I must try adding honey to my tea as well!

I don't mind other Lipton teas. The brand I often don't like is Pickwick :yuk:

Actually I didn't add the honey, it was already in tea, so was the lemon :wink:
I never add anything to my teas, I always drink them just like they are ^_^

I bought some white and green tea today, I'm drinking my first cup of the green tea with some lemon now! I used to drink this all the time but I kind of forgot about it. :smile:

I drink Twinings Green Tea Pure while my boyfriend has Green Tea Pure w/ Lemon which to me smells like lemsip.

I used to drank a lot of Green tea because I had little skin alergy and my cosmetology suggested it for me. And you know what? It really helped. My skin is clean and fresh now. ^_^ I drank it about a month and a half. I stoped drinking it and I started to drink white tea because I like her taste more than green tea.

I have a ton of Teavana and Yogi tea, along with loose tea from various parts of Asia. I'm slightly obsessed. :D

I want to order macha tea, but it's so pricey!

Have you tried gyokuro? It's the mature version of matcha and tastes similar. Still pricey, but you can get it in loose form and brew it multiple times. It's delicious. ^_^

i drink organic green tea all the time. :heart:
love the taste of it.

i also love meßmer green tea w/vanilla, which i picked up in berlin.
came upon it at a cafe & managed to find boxes of it at a little shop close to our hotel.
so upset i didn't buy more!
green tea + vanilla is such yummy combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->