Whitney ends relationship with Ray J

happycanadian

Reaction score
WHITNEY HOUSTON has dumped BRANDY's younger brother RAY J after a raunchy sex tape featuring him and ex-girlfriend KIM KARDASHIAN was leaked on the internet. The 43-year-old has been dating Ray J, 26, for several months and the two were reportedly living together. According to veteran Hollywood columnist JANET CHARLTON, Houston became outraged when the tape was leaked online and ended the relationship. Ray J, real name RAY NORWOOD, had been helping Houston work on her comeback album and was also offering her support in adapting to her new sober lifestyle. Houston was spotted dining with estranged husband BOBBY BROWN on Sunday (11FEB07), but insists a reconciliation between the pair is not likely.

http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/houston%20dumps%20ray%20j%20after%20sex%20tape%20leak_1021979

**actually, her rep, Nancy Seltzer, said todaythat it was CERTAINLY not a reconciliation.

"It was a one-night dinner between divorcing parents for the sake of their daughter," Houston's rep, Nancy Seltzer, tells PEOPLE. "They are not reuniting."

The couple's 13-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina, as well as her friend and the friend's mother, were all present at the Sunday night out at Dan Tana's, Seltzer says.
"

so that's interesting. it's crazy but for the first time in probably a decade Whitney is getting nothing but good press. all of the talk about her the past few days has been about how gorgeous she looked at the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party.

here's a HQ pic. she just radiates that true "IT" star quality. no other diva has it like Whitney.

Wow...I had no idea she was dating Ray J! I am so slow to things sometimes. And I agree....she looks so gorgeous. I am glad she is getting back to her old self and I cannot wait for that comeback album!

In the pic above, is that Clive Davis pushing the on/off button on Whitney's elbow?

^ LOL.

that is clive davis, and the "button" is clearly ON. :wink:

happycanadian said:
^ LOL.

that is clive davis, and the "button" is clearly ON. :wink:
Ah ha! The man's suit looked familiar, but I couldn't place the face. You're clearly a savvy insider, then!---do you know if he's found Whitney's remote/clicker yet?

It's good to see her back in the fold. Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all, ennit?

:shock: I can`t believe they were even dating!!!

Who would take Whitney (="old and used") after having Kim K (on who`s "inner qualities" I don`t want to speculate but at least she is very sexy + she obviously did the "exotic things" Ray-J wanted ->see Sextape)?

I find it so hard to ID Clive Davis because I'm always looking at his suit and the terrific fun the people behind him always appear to be having. I provide photographic evidence here: great suit, fabulous people in the background. Don't you wish you having that much fun?

Thorough Googling shows me he's been judging on American Idol, which gives me an idea for a new Reality TV show starring Clive Davis: He shows up at your house and promises (threatens?) to make a star out of you. You get to meet his tailor, he introduces you to his cleaner. You really can't say no, and why would you want to? Again, look how much fun everyone's having.

Call me when Whitney sings the Blues.

http://ladybunny.net/blog/uploaded_images/whitney-743560.jpg
http://www.richstevens.com/images/clive%20(Medium).jpg
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/0782-gra/davis_cl.ive

Attachments

• clive1.jpg
    clive1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
  • clive (Medium).jpg
    clive (Medium).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
  • davis_cl.ive.jpg
    davis_cl.ive.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Joke about Clive Davis all you want, but he ain't no joke. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have Carlos Santana, Sarah McLaughlin, Whitney Houston, Janis Joplin, Earth Wind & Fire, Alicia Keys,etc etc. The people whom he gave their first big break to is a near endless list.

I never even knew they were dating...props to her for staying sober..

happycanadian said:
Joke about Clive Davis all you want, but he ain't no joke. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have Carlos Santana, Sarah McLaughlin, Whitney Houston, Janis Joplin, Earth Wind & Fire, Alicia Keys,etc etc. The people whom he gave their first big break to is a near endless list.

Yes, but would we have Clay Aiken?

^Clive also brought us the great Limahl, and where would our ears be without him? I had alot to say and no time to say it:

I think the talents you mention would likely have had careers with or without Clive Davis, God bless his tender heart. I love his suits and his grin--and if Janis Joplin dug him, well, she was no fool, either. This is pure conjecture on my part, but as Janis was already huge in 1966 and 67, and had two albums out with Big Brother & The Holding Company, on much-smaller Mainstream Records--a year before she signed with Columbia--I'm sure she'd still have had a career without Columbia Records. Hell, she might even still be alive. She could be singing in a dive bar in the Tenderloin right now.

However, that was 1968. Now I think the whole A&R record company process of big advances, awful contracts, etc., really aren't necessary to break an artist, record and distribute music, and publicize an act. That is why we have Clay Aiken and American Idol: meek, sincere talent. I'm not saying it's good or bad, it just is what it is.

No one else is willing to sign on anymore. Why would any working musician sign these terrible deals when you can do it all--recording, distribution, live booking, publicity--without them? (Money, I guess. And letting someone else package you takes alot of the work out of it).

Bringing this back to Whitney Houston, her too-publicized troubles show that perhaps being a big, big star really isn't an ideal situation for any human being, a remarkable, "legendary" talent or not. Somehow much older, wiser folks keep selling our would-be remarkable, legendary talents on the idea, though.

Again, alot of half-baked ideas, but if I were a musician, which I am not, I'd be glad for the current changing situation, and I'd run like hell from the likes of Clive Davis.

well, you definitely make alot of good points. i think that folks like Clive will have a hard time figuring out ways to stay so influential in today's changing music world. sure, being a big, big star does have PLENTY of downfalls, as we can all see clearly. but there's also alot of positives. and to go along with the sh*tty contracts that these popstars get roped into, they still make absurd $$$ from their endorsements and live tours (if they're an actual talented live performer that people want to see, i guess).

but, perhaps in TODAY's world, Janis Joplin and the like wouldn't need Clive Davis. but back when, they certainly did. he recognized true talent and turned it into stardom.

but, whitney's story, like most stories of legends (except the ones who die tragically), will surely end with her own phoenix rising from the ashes tale.

happycanadian said:
but, whitney's story, like most stories of legends (except the ones who die tragically), will surely end with her own phoenix rising from the ashes tale.

I definitely agree. Much like Mariah Carey, I've always felt Whitney has had the pipes, but lacked the life-experience to make me believe she was feeling anything she was singing. Gimme a Cassandra Wilson or a Mary J. Blige over ten Whitney's and Mariah's. Now, Mariah's last album was great, but whether that's exchangeable for a Mottolaworth of misery, I can't say. At least Clive Davis doesn't marry his acts.

Having lived a little, I expect Whitney's next album to be amazing. And she does look diva-worthy and gorgeous in that pic with Davis. Celebrity both creeps me out and fascinates me--thus my obsessive posting here--but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

guess they didn't actually break up...

From Janet Charlton:

WHITNEY HOUSTON AND RAY J: IT HAPPENED IN LAS VEGAS

Looks like Whitney Houston is starting to have FUN again - without getting too carried away. She and Ray J spent the weekend in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace. They had a packed schedule. On Saturday afternoon they were supposed to go to the All Star basketball game but they skipped it to spend romantic private time in their suite! On Saturday night they caused considerable excitement when they turned up at Jay Z's party at Tao. Whitney was startled by the furor she caused. The crowd got so carried away at the sight of the pair that security guards were assigned to surround their table. Even Beyonce had a hard time getting through to say hello. Ray J's sex video partner Kim Kardashian showed up on the red carpet and posed for photos. But when reporters told her Ray J and Whitney were inside, she gulped and changed her mind about going into the party. We wonder why. Hmmm.

janetcharltonshollywood.com

...she gulped and changed her mind...

I need an adverb there, just how did Kim gulp?--nervously? anticipatedly? And what was the kaleidescope of colors of everyone's clothes---and the breeze, what was the scent of the Las Vegas breeze? Because if janetcharlstonshollywood wants to make me believe anything she has to say, some descriptive qualifiers are all I need. Gimme white tigers in Ray and Whitneys' Caeser's suite, their breath delicately wafting the candied odor of cinnamon red-hots. Then, not only will I buy the Kim Kardashian sex-tape, but I'll purchase a hundred of Whitney's CDs when it comes out.
I still dunno what to do with Ray J, though.

Since it seems like the rumors weren't true and they're still together, the only thing I can say is that I guess anyone's better than train-wreck Bobby Brown.

how Ray J gonna help anyone with a cd? I mean thats a joke right there if I've ever heard any.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ haha. i don't know.

but i'm still laughing about this:

Whitney was startled by the furor she caused. The crowd got so carried away at the sight of the pair that security guards were assigned to surround their table. Even Beyonce had a hard time getting through to say hello.

kills me. it'd be good for beyonce to be shown her place for once. whitney paved the way for you darlin, don't get too high on your horses yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazydazy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->