Whitney Houston

she looks SO joyful and healthy and happy!!! and radiant.

wow. THIS is the Whitney that i fell in love with all those years ago. she's rejoicing up on that stage!

THANK YOU, liz, for posting!

She's gonna be #1 next week in at least 18 countries round the world. according to predictions from HITS. so that's pretty freaking amazing!

also -- Whit's doing the Oprah season premiere ... aaaand the 2nd day as well. it's a 2-day event! haha.

here's the promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3JA5nLRMwI

and here's what Oprah just tweeted about it:

oh wow, guys. this is HUGE (p.s. how amazing do Whitney's legs look!!:(

capt.1fdd06dbc8e345eaa800591d6f1099ea.people_winfrey_houston_ny118.jpg

Oprah: Houston interview is best she's ever done

Associated Press
2:43 p.m. CDT, September 7, 2009

CHICAGO - Talk show host Oprah Winfrey calls her upcoming sit-down with singer Whitney Houston "the best interview I've ever done."

Winfrey said Monday in comments provided to The Associated Press by Harpo Productions that she "can't think of a moment, ever, when I had a stronger connection to the person I was interviewing."

According to Harpo Productions, Houston's daughter and producer Clive Davis attended the interview.

Houston also is to perform her new song "I Didn't Know My Own Strength."

The 46-year-old superstar hasn't done a major TV interview since 2002, when she addressed questions about her drug use from ABC's Diane Sawyer.

Winfrey kicks off the 24th season of Chicago-based "The Oprah Winfrey Show" with the two-part interview with Houston on Sept. 14 and 15.

------

On the Net:

http://www.oprah.com/whitney

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-...0,7544896.story

She has definitely made a physical comeback! I hope it sticks!!

Whitney Houston's comeback tops pop chart

Wed Sep 9, 2009 12:02pm EDT

Email | Print | Share
| Reprints | Single Page
[-] Text [+]

1 of 1Full Size

By Keith Caulfield and Monica Herrera
LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK (Billboard) - Whitney Houston returned to the U.S. pop album chart in grand style on Wednesday as her first album in seven years debuted at No. 1.
"I Look To You" becomes Houston's fourth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, selling 304,801 copies during the week ended September 6, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
It's by far Houston's best opening sales week since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking data in 1991.
"I Look To You" is also the singer's first chart-topper since the Houston-fueled "The Bodyguard" soundtrack spent 20 weeks at No. 1 in 1993. The albums are joined by Houston's two previous toppers: her self-titled set in 1986, and her 1987 sophomore set, "Whitney."
Early returns showed "I Look To You" also debuted at No. 1 in Canada, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland, according to her Arista Records label.

*whitney-fan.com*

that video is just so elegant and classy and simple and poignant and perfect. she's impossibly beautiful. MY LAWD!

just to have been such a die-hard Whitney fan for soooo many years now, and to have lived the past decade worried about if she'd ever even make it through ALIVE.... to witness this great transformation into a strong, determined, humble and gracious woman. it's unbelievable. she's such an inspiration!

While she certainly has a new sound, she looks positively stunning in the video. She's just glowing! Is there anyway I can watch the Oprah interview online? I missed it due to an afternoon class and I've been trying to find it everywhere but can't.

it hasn't aired yet, lizbabe. it's a TWO-PART interview that will be airing on Oprah's season premiere and the following day. so that's next MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th and TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15th.

i agree - it's so clear that she's happy and healthy again, finally. she is literally radiating joy and peace in that video. it's so simple, yet perfectly fitting, somehow.

the video for her 2nd single, Million Dollar Bill has already been shot and it'll debut on SEPTEMBER 16th. can't wait to see that!!

I love her new album but her voice is sounding rough on certain parts. Her tone even sounds a lot different now..But she IS looking wonderful. I've always thought she was one of the prettiest black female celebrities. Especially in the 90s.

Oh thank you happycanadian I was so worried I missed it. I'm most definitely stay home that day just to watch her.

ooooooooooooweeeeee, chile! i am excited for that interview!!!!!

RETURN OF THE DIVAAAAA! hahaa.

*whitney-fan.com*

Has anyone read the Ebony article? I know it came out on the 8th and every time I go buy it every copy is sold out.

WOW.

this interview was amazing. oh, i'm just SO happy to have the old Whitney back. she was quick and HONEST and witty and clear and humble. it was really something.

September 15, 2009
The TV Watch
Whitney Houston, on Oprah, Tries for Candor

By ALESSANDRA STANLEY
Whitney Houston didn’t cry for Oprah Winfrey, but she certainly unloaded.
In the first segment of her taped two-part comeback interview on Monday, Ms. Houston described in vivid, at times alarming, detail her “crazy love” for her former husband, Bobby Brown; their descent into drug abuse (marijuana laced with rock cocaine); and the short-circuiting of her music career.
The conversation, recorded ahead of time at Town Hall in New York, was candid, of course, but not exactly spontaneous; it was exquisitely timed for the season premiere of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” which is approaching its 25th anniversary — and Ms. Winfrey has stirred attention by saying that she might make it her last.
The interview hardly needed all the promotion and advance publicity: it was an intimately personal conversation between two of the most public and scrutinized celebrities in the world. The contrast could not have been sharper or more colorful: Ms. Winfrey is a beloved star who has put her career and her multibillion-dollar business ahead of everything else; Ms. Houston is a beloved star who let everything get in the way of her career.
Ms. Houston didn’t hold back, but there was one moment when the diva seemed in denial. Ms. Winfrey cited an article describing the pain and “disgust” fans felt for the careless way Ms. Houston had mistreated her voice, which the article and Ms. Winfrey described as a “national treasure.”
“Wow,” Ms. Houston replied, but she didn’t address whether she had squandered an amazing gift.
She looked less chagrined than affronted as she explained that she had pursued a personal life after giving up her entire youth to concert tours and the spotlight. “I just wanted to be normal,” she said.
Now, of course, she wants to reignite her career, or, as she said, “I needed my joy back.” Like her singing voice, which was strained when she performed a few songs from her new album on “Good Morning America” earlier this month (she said at the time she wore it out talking to Ms. Winfrey), her panache had a certain tentativeness beneath it that suggests that joy, for now, is still on hold.
This is, after all, the singer’s second splashy comeback attempt. The first, with Diane Sawyer on ABC’s “Primetime” in 2002, in which she famously denied using crack by saying, “Crack is wack,” didn’t take.
Ms. Houston, who spoke to Ms. Winfrey so quickly and huskily that at times she sounded like Tina Turner, was far more candid and forthcoming than she was with Ms. Sawyer seven years ago. Still, she was disinclined to judge herself too harshly.
Gracious and good-natured, the singer wore the wary look of an artist who sensed that this latest happy ending might not really be the last act.
Ms. Winfrey didn’t gush or hold back, but some of her questions steered Ms. Houston to self-serving statements — notably that the singer made herself weak to make her less successful husband feel strong. That hit a chord with her interviewer.
“I think somewhere inside, something happens to a man when a woman has that much control or has that much fame,” Ms. Houston said.
When Ms. Winfrey replied, “Yeah, if he doesn’t have his own,” Ms. Houston reached out and patted Ms. Winfrey’s arm consolingly, adding “You know what I’m saying?”
Ms Winfrey replied, feelingly: “I know what you’re saying. I know exactly what you’re saying. He has to have his own.”
Ms. Houston described a relationship with Mr. Brown that was tempestuous, to say the least. Once, she said, he spat in her face. Another time she hit him on the head so hard with a telephone receiver that he fell down bleeding, just as their daughter entered the room.
Ms. Houston attributed her drug abuse to her passion for her husband. “He was my drug,” she said. “I didn’t do anything without him. I wasn’t getting high by myself. It was me and him together, and we were partners, and that’s what my high was — him. He and I being together, and whatever we did, we did it together. No matter what, we did it together.”
Ms. Oprah added, “Because you were his wife.”
Ms. Houston said that in her haze of wifely devotion she didn’t consider the consequences of the disastrous 2005 reality show, “Being Bobby Brown.”
Ms. Winfrey asked, “Did you realize what you were getting yourself into when you signed up for that?”
“No, I did not,” Ms. Houston replied, then added with a laugh that signaled that she hoped to have the last one. “I signed a prenuptial, though. Yeah. I knew what I was doing there.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->