Whitney Port

i adore Whitney :heart:
she seems so simple and down-to-earth. she always looks adorable on the show and i fell in love with her hair :lol: it's just so perfect!

^ Her hair always looks gorgeous even when she clearly has not fussed with it. I love her makeup too. She has such a pretty peaches and cream complexion. :heart:

i think this interview sums up best why she is my favorite:

Amid the sea of catfights, drunken nights at Area and necklace-wearing, frosted-tips-donning dudes that populate the highly addictive reality show The Hills, we've always found that Whitney Port has stood out as a solid and even-keeled presence. When we first met the blonde-haired, blue-eyed Ms. Port, she was Hills star Lauren Conrad's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed co-intern at Teen Vogue. As season two rolled around, Whitney found herself with more responsibility at the magazine -- she even modeled during a fashion presentation on Good Morning America, and subsequently tripped -- and became one of Lauren's closest friends as her friendship with Heidi began to unravel. On season three, which debuts tonight, Whitney is about to move from a b-level side-character to a more front and center role. Now that Heidi is totally out of the picture, Whitney, Audrina and Lauren are a fierce trifecta. She's been hired as a full-on “fashion contributor” at Teen Vogue and it looks like she's going to be dating her trainer! We asked her a few questions over the phone and she was kind enough to respond.

Alexis Swerdloff: Where are you right now?
Whitney Port: In L.A., at my sister's 20th birthday party. We went out to a little lunch, me and my two sisters and my mom. Four girls.

AS: What are you doing up to the premiere of The Hills? Has it been crazy? Will there be a party?
WP: It really hasn't been so crazy, I kind of stayed out of everything. I'm going out of town for two weeks, so I won't be in the middle of the craziness. I'm going to Missouri with my whole family -- we've been going there every year since I was born. And yes, we have TV there. There'll be a premiere party while I'm gone. I'm debating whether I want to fly back for the night.

AS: What would you wear?
WP: Definitely a dress of some sort.

AS: How is this season going to be different than the first two? And for you, personally?
WP: Yeah, this season... This season we are all just finding ourselves more as women in Los Angeles and revealing more of ourselves. It is still very hard for me to show my private life.

AS: Why?
WP: I don't like letting myself be vulnerable... I don't like having my life controlled by other people.

AS: How has your style changed since you first started the show?
WP: When I go to work, I try to be a little more sophisticated, more appropriate in the office than when I was an intern. I could wear jeans and t-shirts then, now I have to look more mature. It's really nice not being an intern anymore. Having the job at a magazine, even if I'm doing the same kind of tasks I was doing as an intern, it's nice to be able to delegate the duties to the other interns.

AS: Who's your favorite designer?
WP Right now... To wear out at night, I love Philip Lim, I love Marchesa and I love Valentino.

AS: Do people come up to you a lot?
WP: Um... not so much. Being in Los Angeles, there are so many real celebrities and real people they don't really care.

AS: What's the weirdest fan interaction you've had?
WP: I remember I got off a plane in Canada, and there were these teenage guys with printed out pictures of me, waiting for me. I didn't understand how they knew I was coming in and what flight I was on.

AS: I feel like reality stars have to deal a lot with people who think they know them. Do you find this is true?
WP: Kind of... a lot of people say, “we love your character,” and I'm like, I didn't even know I was a character. It's really weird. I try not to freak myself out about it. It's the weirdest thing, I can't explain it. It's surreal.

AS: Do you and your friends have Hills-watching parties?
WP: I get the episode few days in advance and I watch it right away. Usually, just my family and I sit down and watch it together.

AS: Do you ever yell at the television?
WP: I don't yell at it, though I'm sure this season I'm going to be yelling at it.

AS: How has the whole Heidi/Spencer-LC situation been treating you?
WP: I'm not so involved, to be honest. I'm friends with both and try not to be in the middle of things. It's not my problem.

AS: Where do you like to hang out in LA?
WP: I don't go to Hollywood so much. The scene is so overwhelming for me. I hang out over towards Santa Monica, and at bars over there.

AS: If you were going to the Oscars, who would you wear?
WP: I would love Valentino... or Oscar de la Renta.

AS: Lastly, you have very nice hair -- what do you do to it?
WP: I use Frederic Fekkai shampoo and conditioner and then Lanza leave-in conditioner. Usually I'll blow dry it. And that's what I do!

source: http://www.papermag.com/?section=article&parid=2106

wtwnycfinalkf9.jpg

August is the most difficult month. We can feel the back-to-school fever in the air, but we’re also clinging to the last moments of summer (and finally squeezing in a vacation). While we’re trying to prolong the most relaxed time of year, young Hollywood has already buckled down and gone back to work. In the last week alone, it seemed like everyone decamped for New York to promote or perform in various projects. Today’s roundup highlights What They Wore on their visits.

Nicole Richie was in town to support her fellow’s work (Good Charlotte is currently touring with Justin Timberlake) and looked like quite the native Manhattan-dweller in an all-black outfit. We got a kick out of the fact that she was spotted wearing her signature shoes—serious Louboutin slingback heels. As she mentioned during her guest editorship, Richie’s quite keen on Chanel, and this affinity was on display via her sunglasses, bag, and bracelet. Mandy Moore (in town for the premiere of her latest film, Dedication) also chose Loubis, though she went for a more sidewalk-friendly Legionana flat. ($810, bergdorfgoodman.com) Just in case you didn’t notice, she’s wearing a lightweight scarf, per Thursday's WWWD Tips.

Whitney Port was seen navigating New York’s grid with pal Lauren Conrad in tow. The Hills ladies are still filming Season Three—we can’t wait to see what kind of trouble they get up to out of town. For those shoe bunnies out there, Port’s metallic flats are Dolce Vita’s Seville sandal and are still available. ($105, shopdolcevita.com) Kirsten Dunst is in the Big Apple filming “How To Lose Friends and Alienate People,” based on (former Vanity Fair writer) Toby Young’s novel of the same name. We’re particularly into her t-shirt, the Burnout Tee in Washed Black by Alternative Apparel. ($40, alternativeapparel.com) The 50% poly and 50% cotton blend is highly weathered so that it has that worn in patina of your favorite, nearly threadbare, t-shirts.

Photos of Kirsten and Nicole, courtesy of Splash News.
Photo of Whitney, courtesy of INFgoff
(credit: http://whowhatweardaily.com/website/full_article.php?id=410)

I like her even more now after having read that interview. She is so sweet and down to earth. I hope she stays that way. I was surprised that she is still friendly with Heidi, but that just goes to show that she isn't catty and does her own thing. :smile:

I wish she went out with the girls more on the show..she is one of my favs after Lo...

I love Whitney. Her style, her TV personality... she can do no wrong! I'll upload some of the beach pics from the other day.

I am really disappointed. Whitney said that she was going to be in season 3 more this season, but this is the least we have seen of her in all of the seasons!

Maybe she'll be in more episodes towards the end of the season. I really like her style. I think she always looks pulled together and not too trendy. I much prefer her style to LC's or Heidi's.

2007 MTV Video Music Awards

celebutopia.net

Whitney Port 2007 MTV Video Music Awards - Press Room 09-09-07

celebutopia.net

She looks kind of orange in those pics. :( I always loved that Whitney embraced her paleness.

I adore her she seems so nice and down to earth, but I don't like they way their using her on the Hills this season, the only thing she does is ask LC questions about what is happening in her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->